Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Day 2013

What a super fun Christmas this was. I felt like this year AB grasped the birth of Christ and the true meaning of Christmas. She talked about baby Jesus more than she did Santa and toys. I hope it stays that way. As a mom, I've been so conflicted on whether or not to do the "Santa" thing. I don't want it to be about him. I want it to be about the true reason. I decided that to go ahead and do the Santa thing and to just downplay it as much as I can. I don't hang Santa over her head and tell her she won't get presnets if she mis-behaves. Rather, I use Jesus as more of an incentive for making good choices. She feels that disappointing God is more of a punishment than anything.

Anyway, Christmas morning around the tree was beautiful. So much fun to watch through the eyes of a child again. She slept with us the night before, and when I woke her up and told her it was Christmas morning, she wasted no time jumping out of bed (which is VERY unlike her) and ran into the living room - before Austin and I had a chance to go first!!!!


She asked for one thing this Christmas. One. Made my heart over-joyed that she wasn't obsessing about what she would get, and only wanted one thing. And you better believe, that Santa delivered that one thing. A Mooshka doll.


This year was also about giving to AB. She couldn't wait to give Daddy the gifts we had bought for him at the holiday store at my school. It was killing her to wait as long as she did for him to open them.


It was fun watching Landree open gifts this year, too. The year before she could've cared less. This year she got it a little more.





After our Christmas morning together, Austin's brother, sister and mom came over as well as all the cousins. My sweet Joe Joe is so big now. I can't even handle his handsomeness. But what happened to my baby?


It was a fun evening with family, as everyone came over to our house for Christmas dinner. Austin's dad, Mike, even made it into town and joined us. That was a nice surprise. So glad my grandmother was able to come this year, as well.


And what's Christmas night without one of your best friend's stopping by and wearing a matching scarf?? Love!


Blessed by all my family and friends. Can't wait until next Christmas when Miss Zoe will be here!

No comments: