Before I go on and on and on about this wonderful day, and one of the funnest birthday parties I've ever been to, I have to stop and thank one, amazing friend - Jillian Palomino. Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the hard work, blood sweat and tears (not really, but close) that you put into helping plan and prepare this party. I think it's important to mention that I would have ZERO pictures to blog about if it wasn't for her. Jill picked up my camera, and among many other things she did at the party that day, she took pictures of EVERYTHING. So, AB, when you're reading this years and years down the road, and you think, "Wow, Mom! That was a great party you pulled off. Think of your Aunt Jill, too. I couldn't have done it with out her. I often think people roll their eyes at me for my extravagant party planning and think I'm just being flashy or superficial. It's really not true, I honestly love spending my summer off planning fun birthday parties you would enjoy. Instead of telling me I was going over board or laughing at my ideas, Jill added to it and even made some of the ideas better. Thank you, Jillian Palomino! I love you!! I'm embarrassed and sad to say it, but I didn't get ONE picture of Jill and AB at her party. So, the picture below is dedicated to Jill. This picture is pretty accurate of how she helps me out when it comes to AB. I never have to worry, if I'm busy doing something, I know that AB is in good, loving hands. Thank you, Aunt Jill! We love you!
The day started out a bit stressful, only because Austin was leaving to do a fantasy football draft at the church! It was ok, he told me he wouldn't go to stay and help, but I knew what a fun opportunity that would be for him. So, in return for Austin's help, Jill came over early in the morning to help! Turns out, I got WAY more accomplished with her there (no offense, Babe!), and she helped tremendously! Take my awesome door hanger, for example.
All the decorations were up and ready for the most part (that Jill had come over the night before to help do that, too!!) we were just busy getting the food prepared. Luckily, I took time out of my busy morning to snap these pictures of AB before the mayhem began. I love them.
Jill spent most of her morning making the food labels look super cute. I LOVE how they turned out! I was so pleased!
The party favors were ready to go.
I even had a Groovy Smoothie bar. This is where the kids could make their own Groovy Smoothies in their their own cups with their names on them.
Everything was ready to go. Now for the guests to arrive!
The music studio saved us! We converted the front room into the "music studio" and put nothing but musical instruments in there for the kids to play with. Noisy? Yes. But the kids stayed in there and had a blast.
The cake turned out amazing, thanks to Lisa's Cakes in Wylie. It was exactly what I had envisioned, and I'm thankful to Lisa for taking all that time to create the perfect cake for my sweet girl.
It was a WONDERFUL day of friends and family. I loved it. I love having my house full of people (this is also where I'm called, "crazy.")
Then it was present-opening time. AB was glued to Daddy for this. It was a lot more fun than last year, because she was really excited about all of her gifts this year.
I loved this. Nicole got AB, Milo and Odis. So sweet. Nicole said that Audrey LOVES that movie. It was one of my childhood favorites.
Check out this darling dress that Kim, Laura's sister, made for AB. I see this dress in our Christmas card pictures!!!
My second family, the Jennings', brought AB a Barbie purse with cell phone, make up, credit cards, etc.. She loved this! She loved playing with Andrea and Kathryn's at their house. Now she has one of her own!
Since she got her very own kitchen for her birthday, what little girl doesn't need a grocery cart to put your baby in! EEEK! I was so excited! Thank you Melissa, Andrea and Kathryn for the amazing and thoughtful gifts.
Aunt Julie did it again. She got her, her very own Fresh Beat Band necklace!!!
Cake time! Oh, boy!!
Overall, a verys successful Fresh Beat Band birthday party, I think! The birthday girl was pleased. Oh, and I have to mention our shirts. I've made a such a sweet friend from a girl I met on Etsy who put a lot of time in designing AB's birthday shirt. I asked her only a couple of weeks before the party if she could whip up a shirt for me to wear to go with AB's. Little did I know she would make it so perfectly special!
The guitar on my shirt has a little,"ab" in the middle of it! It brought tears to my eyes. What a thoughtful thing to do!!!! Thank you, Kristina!
Oh, AB! I had such fun planning and throwing your party! You make Mommy so happy and I only want to do the same for you! I love you, sweet girl!!!
Before the night was over, I snapped this picture of AB and my Granny, whom she calls, "GG." I thought it was a precious picture! It means so much to me!
Happy Birthday, AB!!!!!

2 comments:
I love you oh so much AB! I wouldn't have helped so much for just ANY little girl! You are sooo very special to your Uncle Jonas and I. Every time we leave from spending time with you we talk about how cute you are and how much we love you! Your Mommy and Daddy are so very dear to us and we love them both very much! They have blessed us with beautiful friendships that can only be described as God-Given! Not only that, but they blessed us with YOU, as our niece.
What a fun party!!! I can't believe she's 2. Adorable pics - looks like she had a blast. I love how you go all out for this stuff. You are so creative!
Post a Comment