Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Four Christmases - Aldrich Family Style: Christmas #1

The Hamlin Family Christmas

Yes, we really did have a season of Four Christmases. No, not all in one day or weekend and not all nearly as dysfunctional as the movie, but we did have a month full of four different Christmas celebrations.

The first Christmas was with my Dad's side of the family: my cousins, aunt and grandmother. As a child, Christmas with this side of the family was the most memorable. Every Christmas morning after opening presents and seeing what Santa brought, we would head over to my cousin's house for Christmas day. My cousin and I would open our gifts and then spend the rest of the day in her room playing and comparing with what we got. So. Much. Fun.

I regret that Christmas day isn't spent with my cousins anymore. Since we're all married and our spouses have families, too, we now have to designate a Saturday to do our Christmas. I can't complain. I still feel like a kid when we're all together.

Unfortunately, my lazy, pregnant butt didn't move from the one spot where I was sitting and opening my gifts. So, the pictures are limited to what was in my line of vision...yes, most of that being my child.

This Christmas AB really got it down with the present opening. She was ready to rip into those gifts and see what was inside. I enjoyed her opening gifts more than myself opening this year, I think!


Carter - the oldest of the second cousins. He's a pro at this present opening thing!










My cousin, Amanda, got her, her very own baby bed. I was so pleased with it! She found it in Canton and her husband painted it for AB. I love, love, love it - I think it was a hit with AB, too!


We were dogsitting this weekend, and I couldn't resist putting Piper in it. She was just the right size!


Oh, every once and a while you get a smile out of Bubba! There's one...due to the really cool hat he's wearing (sarcasm!).


Love the pictures of sweet Stetson and Austin. They were buddies this year. I think it made Austin's day.


Yeah, by the end of this first Christmas celebration, we were all pretty worn out! Look out! There's much more to come!

No comments: