For those of you who know me, and you think that you mis-read the title of this post - you didn't. That's right. I got a tattoo! I did it to share my testimony. My testimony that I really didn't have until Landree was born. So, I wanted to get one - small, dainty and visible so I can share it with people when the ask me about it.
Austin was re-doing his dove tattoo and adding to it as his birthday present. So, last night I met him at the tattoo shop while he got his. I honestly didn't plan on getting one last night because I knew his would take so long. However, the longer I sat there and talked about getting one, Brian, the tattoo artist, convinced me to go on ahead and do it...THAT NIGHT! It freaked me out because I hadn't mentally prepared to do it that night! I've gone three other times in my life with my friends to get a tattoo. All three times I walked out of there without a tattoo. I'm quite the wimp. I also knew I didn't want to get something so permanent unless I had a really strong meaning behind it. I finally do.
I sat there and watched my handsome, brave hubby get his arm worked on for nearly three hours. Whew, it hurt just watching it, but it looked so amazing!
Then, it was my turn. Since Brian was busy doing Austin's, Danielle did mine. I'm glad she did. She was VERY gentle and knew how nervous I was. She put it so well before I did it. She asked me if I've ever had a migraine headache. I have. She said, "Well, I'd much rather get a tattoo than have a migraine." Yes, well said! I agree!! It really wasn't that bad at all. A couple of parts of it hurt, but not unbearable.
If you notice, Austin is holding my hand {he took a break to come and hold my hand while I got started - I was REALLY nervous}. I held his hand so tightly, I couldn't move my fingers when he let go. I do have to give myself props - I was very brave. I even let him go back to his chair to finish his tattoo while I was getting mine. Let's just be clear, though. I did call my BFF, Laura, to come up there and hold my hand while I was getting it...but she didn't have a car. So, I did call for re-enforcements.
The end result was pretty amazing.
And Austin's was awesome - it was just slightly bigger than mine....






4 comments:
I'm not sure "slightly bigger" is an accurate description of Austin's tattoo. Ha!! You are one brave momma! Looks great! :)
Somehow a tattoo on wrinkled skin doesn't seem appealing...so guess I will pass on one for myself. However, I do love the idea of your tattoo being such a witness and that is a wonderful chapter!! Hope you are having encouraging days. Being back in the classroom will be good for you and you know the girls will be lovingly cared for. Stay cool and away from mosquitoes.
Love it! :)
Love it! I've had a tattoo design picked out since Levi died. It's the rose on his grave stone. I have yet to be brave enough to go get it though. Josh has Levi's name and a design around it already tattooed on his chest. I'm impressed with you! Love the testimony aspect of it, too!
Post a Comment