Monday, November 19, 2012

Three Years Old

 {A little late...but still, a very heartfelt post!}

You are three years old, my precious, big girl!

Three, going on 13. You are something else and full of personality and spunk. I love every single spunky thing about you. 

It was three years ago on this day you received that sweet pink bear from Jeannie and Larry. It's hard to believe it was once bigger than you. 


I just can't get over the sweet little person you are. You are everything I prayed you would be. You are so sweet, loving, sensitive and well-behaved. You are a dream, AB. Sometimes I still can't believe God gave me you. You make everything more fun, happy and just all around, better.


Your normal birthday shoot was cancelled this year due to a couple of different things. That's ok. Even though it wasn't the great Jillian Zamora who did your birthday pictures, the subject didn't change, so the pictures were still amazing. You have your sweet "aunt" Chelsea to thank for that. She and Aunt Jill  took their morning to come take your 3rd birthday pics in downtown Wylie. We had so much fun, and you are such a beautiful little subject to photograph. These pictures really proved to me you aren't a baby anymore. You look like a little girl. Not a little baby {*tear*}.







 

Your birthday theme this year was "Blue's Clues." I absolutely loved the theme this year and decorating for it! I thought the Fresh Beat Band birthday was my favorite, but this year's seemed to trump it! (Your Blue's Clues Party Post to come...)

Your musical side has always been there, but this past year, you've really taken an interest in music. 


You love to play. You especially love playing with your cousins and friends. Nothing brightens your day more than a play date! You were blessed with very sweet friends and cousins.




Something fun you discovered this year is going to see the turtles and the ducks at North Park mall. I love this outing we take. It's fun, cheap and entertaining for you, especially. This is Mommy's favorite mall and I love taking you there. I have fond memories of that mall from when I was little, but I love the new memories I've made their with you.


This last year was already sentimental enough to me, because this was the last year I knew I would have only you. This was the year I found out I was pregnant with you baby sister. I found out right about the time you turned two. So, I cherished the time we had as you being an only child. However, I knew adding a sibling to the mix would be a wonderful thing. You're so sweet that I knew you would be the sweetest big sister...and I was right!

Our announcement that you were going to be a "Big Sis!"

This was the last day that you were an "only child." 

Oh, and the day you met your sister. Oh my goodness. That was the sweetest day of my life. You trotted into my hospital room and your eye was on the prize! You were there for one thing, and one thing, only...to meet your baby sister. You scanned that room until you spotted her. Once you got your hands on her, it was over, you were in love with her. As we all were. I'm so glad God chose you to be her big sister. He knew she would need you.


You are so funny! You have your own little sense of humor and do such a good job of making all of us laugh!


Every smile. Every conversation. Every hug and kiss. I love you more and more and am continually amazed that you are mine.


I'm often told you are my mini-me. Yeah...I guess I can see the resemblance.





You have continually grown more and more to be a Daddy's girl over this last year. You are crazy about the guy! I love that more than you know. He is the man in your life, and if it were up to him, he would ALWAYS be the only man in your life. Regardless, he is preparing you right now for very high expectations to pick out that special man God has chosen for you. I'm so glad Daddy is your example. What an example of love, loyalty and spiritual leadership he is.

This picture of you and Avery is one of my favorites. You two are such sweet little friends, and I love this because Avery's mom and I were such good friends growing up, too. I love this picture, too, because this is when Daddy tried to cut your bangs. Um...DISASTER! Look at how uneven they are! I still laugh about this!

Daddy's attempt at a bang trim.
You make me so proud to be your Mommy! I love you more than you know! I can't get over your personality and how incredibly smart you are. It amazes me! Just amazes me.






Your sweet, loving, sensitive heart gets me every time. You have such compassion and soul for others. You say the sweetest prayers and are always wanting to pray for friends and family. Oh, how I love this about you! If there is anything you learn from me, anything at all, it is that we are here on this earth for one purpose. That purpose is to spread the gospel to others and let them know that God loves them so much that He sent His son to die on the cross for all of us. And our hope, AB, is in Him, that He will return one day and take all of His children to be with Him. He never promised us an easy life. He never promised us that things would go our way. But His promise is that He will be there when things go south. I hope you know this. I hope your Daddy and I do a good enough job to live out the gospel in our own lives. 


I see everyday in your sweet actions and words that God is working on you. He is going to use you in a big way, AB. You are going to make much of His name. That is for sure my prayer for you. If we simply exist on this earth and don't attempt to make much of His name, then we have failed. No, not you. I know you will do this. 


Thank you for being you. Thank you for being sweet, amazing, hysterical, loving, sensitive you. I couldn't have handpicked you better, even if I tried. You are everything I've always dreamed and prayed for.


Daddy, Mommy and Landree love you so much. We are proud of who you are and thankful for who you are. God knew that we would need you and knew that Landree would need you, too. You are an amazing big sister. I can't wait to watch the relationship the two of you have, grow and blossom! Happy 3rd birthday, big girl. You deserve the world, and I hope you get it!


Love you more than you know,

Mommy

No comments: