With each year, AB gets just as excited as I do about it. She's come to love it, too. Last year, we went to the fair the same day that big Tex burned down. So, she was excited to see the new, improved and "healthy" Big Tex.
It was THE perfect day to go. Not a cloud in the sky and the temperature was chilly enough for a light weight jacket, but warm enough to lose it by the afternoon. Just perfect.
We walked the girls through the livestock to see all the cows, and we even caught a glimpse of hatching chicks and newborn baby pigs!! I loved showing Landree all of these things, since last year she was too young to know what was going on.
We stopped, first thing, to eat some chicken fried bacon and tater twisters. It was delicious! AB ate her preferred, PB&J from home. That's ok. I'm ok with her missing out on all the fried goodness. She was holding out for some ice cream. We decided to introduce her to dip and dots this year.
There he was in all of his {new} glory. Big Tex. Standing tall and proud of the Fair Grounds. They did a good job with him, and making look as close to the old one as possible. But. Those boots. Really? I don't know one cowboy that wears boots up to his knee caps. We could have worked on that a bit, I think.
![]() |
| She was happy to see him there this year. She couldn't put her ice cream down long enough. Even to take a picture! |
![]() |
| The fair wore a little sister out. |
![]() |
| LC and Daddy before their ride on the carousel! |
![]() |
| Watching Daddy and little sister on the carousel! |
What a fun family day we had! I love this time of year and I love spending this time with my family! I can't wait until next year!!!











No comments:
Post a Comment