Saturday, August 9, 2014

Girl's Weekend {2014}

One of the biggest treats for me this past summer, was spending the weekend with my girls {minus, Chels}. Our hubbies kept the kiddos while we went down to Waco to stay with Jill in their new house. The first part of it was fabulously spent hitting up the wonderful shopping spots in Waco. 

Then on Saturday we went to the place at nearest and dearest to my heart -- Salado. And even though I've bed. Going there for 31 years, I never knew there was a college there. Obviously, not an active college, but the remains are a historical site in Salado. So neat!


And, of course we stopped by Grandmother's house which is now a tea room.  

I was excited to go inside. Well...excited and a little sad. The most fondest memories of my childhood are in this house. 

You may see a tile floor, but I see a place where I sat and played games while my grandmother greeted her customers in her shop. 


You see a door. I hear a bell that dinged everytime the door opened and closed. 


Looks like a junky storage room? I see my grandmothers bed and how it was always beautifully made. 

It's always a bittersweet thing, visiting this house. 

Then we stopped off by the creek and I snapped a picture of the very spot Austin proposed in. The happiest and biggest surprise to that date. He knew exactly what my heart loved and the place most meaningful to me. I couldn't have picked a better spot. 

Overall, just a fun, relaxing and much needed weekend with the girls. Thankful for them and their friendship!!!!


No comments: