This was a blessing in lots of ways. The first pediatric ophthalmologist we went to immediately recommended surgery. He didn't even want to try glasses because he was sure it wouldn't correct the strubismus in her left eye. I was very close to going ahead with the scheduling the surgery, but felt that I should get second opinion. I'm glad I did.
The last couple of months, Landree has been receiving services through the district for her vision. I adore her vision specialist and she recommended taking her to another pediatric ophthalmologist in Dallas that has worked with a lot of her kiddos. Good call! We loved her and she wanted Landree to first try glasses. She was very honest and straight forward. And if you follow my other blog (www.sofearfullyandwonderfullymade.blogspot.com) about Landree, you know that I find that honest is what we want AND need. She told us that surgery would correct it for a time, and glasses may not correct it at all. This is all because Landree has muscle tone issues. But she wanted to give it a go! So we did.
Love her sweet little self and those lavender glasses!

No comments:
Post a Comment