As Austin and I are busy packing boxes, tossing our things into the "garage sale" or "garbage" pile, I find myself doing A LOT of complaining. Our house, which is quite tiny is becoming overwhelmed with the sight of cardboard boxes and I feel that I could scream due to the lack of space. However, today I have engaged in my normal routine of checking my email, facebook, and blog (yes, in that order... I'm a dork). I remembered my friend, Jess, created a blog, so amazingly titled Finding Courage in Grace. She is doing what many people, I know, would love to do - embarking on a journey to Africa. She, and a few others from her church, are on a mission trip to Uganda, Africa. As I read her blog I can't help but feel silly for feeling so "unfortunate" to be in this beautiful, air-conditioned, newly remodled duplex because I am surrounded by boxes full of my wonderful things??? Doesn't make any sense, right? Sigh, I need a reality check, and I think I got one. Anyway, I leave you today with just a snipit of one of her entries. Read it, take heart, and feel free to visit her blog about her self-less journey to Africa to share the glory of Christ our Savior. You're doing an amazing job, Jess! I can't wait until you get back and we can hear MORE about it! Love you, girl!
-Jennifer
"Today, we went out with a medical missions team to a camp. Oh, man it was good. I was completely humbled and privledge to get to pray for 3 hours over and for all of the sick sick people...elderly people...young ladies...little tiny sick babies. Igot to hold little hands and shake strong ones,..I was able to see many come to trust in Jesus as their savior as we shared all He has done for us..I cried...laughed..and cried some more. I was so dirty and hot and sweaty and LOVED every single minute...and GUESS WHAT?! (don't freak out mom and dad) I may be able to stay in the camp in a hut with the people tomorrow night if the locals tell us it's safe. They are here for our saftey first and they will definityly let us know if it's not safe. HOW COOL IS THAT? No one else wants to...Lord willing, I will get to KNOW the people and love them with the Love of Christ. It's a live changing thing being here. I will never be the same and it's not even half way over."
1 comment:
I love you, too!
Post a Comment