As Austin and I approach our one year anniversary, I become
nostalgic and sentimental about this time of year. This time last year......I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to finish up last minute preparations for the biggest day of my life. Although it was the most exciting time of my life, it was very chaotic. I remember two weeks before my wedding I had run myself ragged. I was so busy trying to make sure everything was in place, I forgot to take care of one thing, my health. I came down with something that was yucky and put me on my back. I had a shower at work that I was looking so forward to, I made it...but barely. I remember being in that room with all my co-workers and thinking, "Wow. I'm lucky." I had so many people who cared about me and made the time to celebrate my marriage with me. Anyway, I'm going off in a different direction, but just a little bit ago I was goofing around on the computer and an ad caught my eye, "Celebrate your journey..." That made me think about not only the last year, but the last nine. Yes, NINE! Austin and I have been together almost nine years. We have been through major ups, and major downs. I'm not going to lie, there were times I didn't think that December 15, 2007 would ever happen. I know, though, if it wasn't for those down times, it wouldn't have happened. I am so thankful for that journey. I know that every single event that took place led us to where we are. I have God to thank for that. I can't help but reflect on the last nine months of marriage, and the last nine years of our life together. We did a lot of growing...and growing up. Seeing the word "journey" really made me think about our relationship and how everything works out exactly how it's supposed to. It really has been a wonderful journey. I'm so proud to (finally) be Mrs. Austin Aldrich, and I wouldn't trade that for anything in the world.
This is all....
Jennifer ;0)
From then....

To Now
Love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment