
The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein. Ok, so I was going on and on about how it is one of my favorites, and I was clenching it to me (like a hug) to show my affection for the story, and also so they couldn't see the cover. Well, so as I'm (overly) gushing about the story, I hear one of my sweet little girls sitting in front of me whisper (in complete adoration), "It's Jesus!"..........

Haha!! I forgot that this huge picture of Shel Silverstein's face is on the back of the book. I can say that I can SORT OF see how she can see the resemblance, but I have never thought Shel Silverstein was that striking of a man! :0) Haha...I was trying not to laugh when I heard that, but she probably thought I was about to read her a book that Jesus had written himself! Lol! Oh, the things these kids say. I thought it was too cute not to share.
Jennifer :0)
1 comment:
Jennifer, I'm loving reading your blog and I had to comment on this one. That is my all time favorite book and that is the funniest thing I've ever heard. Kids are so funny! My son Garrison (who is 3) asked me the other day why Jesus doesn't poop. Just wait - you will have all kinds of questions from your's too! :)
Post a Comment