Monday, November 17, 2008

The many definitions of "Green."

Myself and some other teachers at school are heading up a recycling program at my school this year. So, I'm trying to educate my five year olds on what it means to be "green." We've been recyling for a few weeks now, and we've talked about it, but I wanted to make sure that they realized the importance of it all. So, I read this really great book called My Class is Going Green. It was actually written by a Kindergarten class, which made it even better because my kids could relate and see that even at their age, they can make a difference. So, ANYWAY, before I read the book I asked, "Who can tell me what it means to be green?" I got some silly answers, but the BEST response was, "That's the color you get before you barf!" I had to laugh at that one! I appreciated the honesty, and I'm hoping that after the book and the lesson, that my kids can tell you the REAL definition of green! :0)

Just another day in the life of a Kindergarten teacher.

Jennifer :0)

No comments: