There are two events in my life, up until today, that have profoundly changed my life and made me feel completely 100% changed. The first, when I accepted Christ at the age of 8. The second, the day I became Mrs. Aldrich, and the third happened today....I received one of the greatest honors and privileges that a teacher can receive. I was nominated as Teacher of the Year for my campus. I was completed shocked and dumbfounded the second I found out. Me? Why me? I work in a school FULL of AMAZING teachers. I thought for a split second, "Maybe she miscounted." Whatever the reason, I went home, showered, changed, met my principal back at school and headed off to a "Surprise" Teacher of the Year luncheon. As I walked in the door, my Superintendent greeted me and pointed to the sign that said, "Welcome WYLIE ISD Teacher of the Year." Was this seriously happening? As I walked down the line of school board members, shaking their hands, the last one I came to was holding flowers. I looked up, and there was my hubby smiling at me, holding a bouquet of flowers. He had known for three weeks! He can really keep a secret. What an awesome luncheon it was. We headed back to Groves and as if the luncheon wasn't enough, I was greeted at the door with a cape, tiara and wand and the entire school was there clapping for me as I walked down the hallway - so surreal. As I walk all the way down the hallway and back, I turn the corner and the entire Kindergarten is chanting my name, my class runs up and gives me huge hugs, nearly knocking me over - so worth it. Then, one of my kiddos looks at me and says, "Mrs. Aldrich, how come you're a princess today?" I have to admit...it did feel like royalty. ;0)
My Principal, introducing me at the luncheon....we were both teary-eyed.

2008-2009 Wylie ISD Teachers of the Year

My Assitant Principal, greeting me with my garb!

The first thing I see when I come in - amazing.

My class on the left!

The walk of fame.


This picture is so meaningful to me. That's Kate, she's on my team. She's been my mentor, my friend, and last year's Teacher of the Year.

A hug from my kiddos.

Getting mobbed!

The best Husband EVER!

Me and my Kelly.

The best Mother-in-law EVER.

This is Elva, our school's secretary! LOVE HER!

Our awesome Librarian!

Annu - couldn't do without her either!

My amazing boss.
Blessed,
Jennifer :0)
3 comments:
Congrats Again! There is no one that deserves this more than you. I love you so much and am so proud of you. What an accomplishment! -- I was so glad to be the first to know!!
Love you sister.
wow! what a big day!! CONGRATS!!!
chrys
What a great achievement!!! congrats! sounds like it was an awesome day to remember.
Post a Comment