Monday, March 16, 2009

"Patience is a Virtue"

Hello from Florida! Austin and I arrived yesterday, and so far it's been wonderful, but wet, too. We spent all day today shopping at the most WONDERFUL outlet mall here in Destin! Let me tell you - there was an OshKosh outlet, Children's Place outlet, and the Nautica outlet had the stinkin' cutest baby clothes ever! Patience?? What's that?? I preach it and teach it all day long to my five year olds, but it's hard for me to remember this virtue as I'm trying desperately to walk away from these adorable baby clothes! It was T-O-R-T-U-R-E walking into those places knowing I can't buy anything because I don't know if I should buy for a boy or a girl!! However, my intuition is telling me to buy for a boy...so, as I'm heading over to the most adorable little man Polo's, khaki's, and hats I've ever seen (in the Nautica store), I still couldn't bring myself to buy them since I don't know for sure. Austin's intuition is telling him it's a girl...but I keep telling him he's not the mommy! :0) I don't know we'll see. I guess it's a good thing for our pocket book that I don't know the sex, seeing as that I could have bought so many cute things today! On the other hand, I was able to splurge and by myself some wonderful things today...a Coach wrist purse (for ONLY $25 I have to add!!!), a new pair of Reef's (nothing like going to the beach and getting a new pair of Reef's), a new pair of Nike running shoes (ha - not like I run, but they were too cute!), and a Destin shirt. I'm told once the kiddo comes along, that spending money on myself will be a rare thing. So, I guess it's good I could spoil myself a bit - or really, Austin was the one doing the spoiling. To say the least, we're having a fantastic time in Florida and it's good to be here with my wonderful hubby getting some "us" time. I'm still counting down the days til we find out what Baby Dub is, because when I do...look out cute baby clothes - here I come! Florida pics to follow...

Jennifer :0)

4 comments:

Evan and Nicole said...

had a dream last night that you were having a boy! We will know soon!!!:)

Anonymous said...

So I am pretty sure I scared Jonas the other day... Dylan had his first birthday and all they wanted were new clothes...The child got like 11 new outfits from us! Jonas was like..."Jill, he isn't even our kid! What are you going to do then?" I can't help myself!! I hope we are on the text message list to find out the sex!

Evan and Nicole said...

Change your blog!:)

Jewels said...

Looks like Daddy's instincts were right! :) I'm so happy for y'all. And it is so true that you won't spend much on yourself after she comes along so enjoy it now! :)