Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sugar and Spice, and Everything That's Nice (Doctor's Visit No. 4)...

...that's what little girls are made of! We found out this past Monday that we are having a little girl!

Meet Annabelle Noel Aldrich

It's a Girl!

I was totally surprised at the news! I just knew they were going to tell me it was a little boy. I had thought so the whole time, and really convinced myself it was a Max! I had his room planned out, and everything...but I'm thrilled that it's a girl and I can't wait to meet sweet Annabelle. Monday afternoon was a whirlwind due to going to the doctor, finding out the sex, rushing home to make dinner for mine and Austin's family, and make t-shirts to announcing the sex! It was such a fun night. We had all of the family there and they were super thrilled at the news! The Grandmother's were the most elated, and you can tell from the pictures! However, Grandpa was glowing, too! The weekend before I had this idea to make t-shirts saying, "It's a Girl!" or "It's a Boy!" on the front, and the Grandparents' names on the back, and this being the way we told them what the baby is! Then they could store the shirts away and pull them out when the baby is born and where them to the hospital. Although, I was in a rush to get them finished before everyone came over, because I couldn't make them until the day of. It was a fun idea and it turned out super cute! Below are pictures from the night and they really capture the happiness that filled the Aldrich house that night. We are very blessed to have such such a wonderful family!
Getting the iron-ons ready to make the shirts.


I wanted to wrap them up, but I totally ran out of time. Austin had the idea of folding them and leaving them with their names visible so they could just grab them and wait for the cue to open them up.

All the Grandparents holding their shirts getting ready to open them up and find out what we're having!

My mom's face - classic!

They were so excited!

Nana can't stop smiling!

One happy Grandpa!

I wouldn't tell my sister-in-law what we were having until she got to the house. She stopped at the store and picked up cupcakes with blue AND pink icing!

Sweet Alice, got this cookie cake and had it personalized!

We let the Grandparents "reveal" the news by putting on their shirts and turning around to show Dustin, Alice, Anthony, and Ashley. I love their faces!

Priceless!! Aunt Ash was very excited!

Uncle Anothony knew it all along!

Even though Joe-Joe predicted a boy, he was ok with the baby being a "gril," as he calls it!

Fun Uncle Austin giving the nephews the "bear claw!"

Sweet.

What a fun night!

Mommy and Daddy with latest picture of Annabelle.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute!! Only you Jenn, with the shirts!! Your mom's face is precious!! Annnddd I saw the hamburger I get it now!

Jewels said...

That is so cute! You are so great at capturing these memories - I wish I was more creative like that. I'm sure you know how blessed you are to have such a great family to celebrate these times with you... amaazing! Congrats again!

Evan and Nicole said...

What a stinkin cute post! Oh man! What a day! How fun! I loved being the first to know! Wish I could have been there to celebrate. So fun! You inspire me to get better at blogging!!:) I love you!!