
It seems like just yesterday I was writing your two month post! Where does the time go? I've seen much more growth this month than I have in the first two. You continue to amaze Mommy and Daddy everyday. It never fails, you are always doing something cute or funny and we just stare at you in amazement. Although I don't want you to grow up, I am looking forward to putting you in your adorable 3-6 months clothes. You, believe it or not, are still wearing newborn sizes!! Here I thought I was going to have this big 'ol baby, but you have managed to stay pretty petite. That is always the first comment that people make when they see you, "Oh, she's still so tiny!" Yes, you are a dainty little thing.
This month your smiles have doubled! You've been smiling for a couple of months now, but recently your smiles are a lot more frequent. You and I will just be sitting around, watching t.v. or snuggling and I will look down at you, and you will be giving me a huge smile without me trying to get one out of you! You have really started following Mommy and Daddy with your eyes! We will walk in and out of the room and you are watching every move we make. And oh, how big and beautiful those eyes are! I could stare into your eyes all day.
You hold your head up like a pro! It's getting more and more fun to carry you around because you are able to hold your head up and look around when I carry you. Last weekend your Daddy and I took you to Salado (your first out of town trip). Instead of dragging your carrier in and out of the little shops, we decided just to carry you around. How much fun that was. You were so alert and into all of the decorations and things you saw. You rarely need us to support your head anymore. You are holding it up yourself about 90% of the time!
You have just recently started reaching and grabbing things and becoming aware of your hands. A couple of weeks ago, you grabbed onto Mommy's hair and would not let go! Ouch. I couldn't help but think it was cute, though. You've started really focusing on your hands, particularly your right one for some reason. You will make a fist, and stare intently at your hand and then attempt to find your mouth with that hand. I love to sit and watch you concentrate so hard on it. Daddy and I were in amazement a couple of weeks ago when you grabbed your passie that was in your mouth, took it out a little ways and then put it back in your mouth!
Here are some choice phrases and questions that I hear all the time from people, "Is she always this content?", "Oh, look how alert she is!", "What a happy baby!", "Listen to her talk!", "Look how tiny she is!". I, of course, could listen to the wonderful things that people say about you all day long! You are a good baby, AB. You can sit in your bouncy and entertain yourself or watch t.v. Yes, you are still a t.v. watcher. You will be sitting in Daddy's lap and you two will be watching football, and I swear you'd stay there all day if you didn't need to eat or sleep! You are most definitely your Daddy's daughter! You are just very content most of the time.
Today, I was feeling particularly sentimental and watched the DVD of the day you were born that your Daddy made for me when you were about a week old. I've watched it about 100 times since you've been born, but tonight when I watched it, it really hit me that you are growing. You've lost that "newborn" look and are developing your own beautiful features. As much as I'm enjoying watching your growth, I will always miss that sweet newborn look that you had. You are growing, but how beautifully you're growing! Your smiles, your coos, your laughter...all of it is so amazing.

I can't even begin to tell you all the things I want to say. I can't begin to express how much love I have for you. It is an INSANE amount of love. You brighten my day and give my life a whole new purpose. You bring so much joy and have brought a whole new meaning to the word love. It's not only love for you, but love the love I have for your Daddy, too. I knew I loved him...a lot...but seeing how amazing he is with you, AB, Mommy loves your Daddy more and more everyday, and I'm not the only girl in this house who loves Daddy. You are absolutely crazy about him. When you smile at Daddy, it is definitely a very adoring and loving look. Daddy is also very crazy about his little girl. I've never seen his eyes light up so much then when he looks at you. He loves you so much! Who couldn't??

Oh, AB! The months are already going by so fast. I don't want you to grow up, I want you to stay a baby forever! BUT...I know that God has great things planned for you AB. You are such a blessing, and as we are quickly approaching our first Thanksgiving with you I have so, so much to be thankful for. God knows my heart and He knew just how bad I've always wanted to be a Mommy. He blessed me with such a beautiful baby girl and I love you so much! These last three months have been a blast! I love watching you grow and enjoy all the little things that you do. I can't wait to see what the next month brings! I love you, baby girl!Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment