Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Confessions of a Working Mom - Part IV: Just when I thought it was getting easier...

I had to go and have a wonderful two full weeks off and get totally accustomed to spending every waking moment with my baby. Then when school started again, it was back to the old grind and I started missing AB terribly. It did get super, duper easier there for a while. I was back in my teacher groove and how I do love, love teaching. It wasn't hard at all during the day. I would just pack up and head out as soon as 3:15 came around and AB and I had the rest of the afternoon to ourselves. This week has been a different story. It was so hard to drag myself away from my sweet girl on Monday. Luckily, I have amazing bosses and after the morning part of our professional development, it was just hanging out in our classrooms, so they let me bring Miss AB with me. That was fun having her there. It's such a conflicting, bittersweet thing for me. The first part of our staff development on Monday was at Wylie East and everyone in the district was there to see and hear the VERY entertaining and inspiring, the one and only Ron Clark. Man, did he start a fire in me to be the best teacher I can be. Believe it or not, even though I miss my baby girl every second of the day, I still feel like my passion for teaching is very strong and I still love it! It's just hard because when I'm at work, I'm guilty about leaving my sweet Annabelle and then when I think about leaving teaching and being with Annabelle, I feel guilty about that. Ugh. It's conflicting, but my heart is torn in two directions, but I'm pretty sure I know which one will win. Anyway, being a working mom did get easier. It's just that this break was a little bit of a set back, but like I always do...I'll get through it and go about my days. God is good and wants to bless me, I know this. I just wonder what He has in store for me next year.

No comments: