Saturday, January 2, 2010

Goodbye 2009, You Were the Best Year Ever!

2009 was the best year of my life! I found out on December 12, 2008 that I was going to have a baby. From this day on, I highly anticipated the year 2009 and all the love and joy it would bring. This whole year, practically, I watched my belly go from flat to big and round with each growing month. I don't think I've ever experienced this much excitment. I don't think I've ever prayed to God so much and thanked him for this blessing. I don't think I've ever been so excited. I don't think I'd ever been so scared at the same time. What would motherhood be like? How would I feel when I saw her for the first time? How would my marriage be after she got here? The answer to all of these questions is, amazing. She is amazing. Motherhood is amazing. My husband is amazing as a husband and a daddy. Yes, 2009 blessed me in so many ways. My lifelong wish of becoming a mommy was granted in 2009. It had been something I had wished for so bad when I was young and and as I got older. Sometimes, I stop and think how lucky I am that the ONE thing I've wanted more than anything my whole life, I have now. Of course, it wasn't 2009 who made all these things possible. It was by the love and grace of Christ that made me a mother. It just so happened that the year 2009 was when He planned this for me. I know I will always want to re-live this year because it was full of such joy and love. August 24, 2009, by far is the day I will remember the most. What a wonderful day it was. Farewell, 2009. I will continue to pray that 2010 will bring just as much love, joy and blessings to our family, but never will I have as much love for one thing as I do the gift that was given to us in 2009.