Thursday, September 23, 2010

12 Month Well Visit

AB had her 12 month well visit a couple of weeks ago! She weighed in at 21 lbs (45%), 28 1/2 inches long (40%) and 17 1/2 in for head circumference (45%). She's just a tad bit below the charts, but she's always been just a little small for her age.

Just like I do at every well visit, I snapped a few pictures. It was hilarious,because only a week or so before AB had been in the office for fever and another ear infection. It was the day before her party, so Dr. S suggested giving her an antibiotic shot to clear things up sooner. Well, guess who gave her the shot? Cousin Chana. And guess who remembered who gave her the shot? Annabelle. So needless to say, when AB laid her eyes on Chana in the doctor's office...she was less than thrilled. (Side note: this is exactly what Chana said she wanted to avoid at all costs! She doesn't want AB to identify her as the lady who gives the shots!) So, Chana had to give AB some extra TLC for the first few minutes of the visit. You can tell by AB's expression, that she's not completely convinced...

I think this has to be one of my most favorite pics, EVER!

And of course, right after her trust was gained back, Cousin Chana had to bust out the needles once again. It's ok though, I wouldn't want anyone else touching my baby other than her! At least I know she does it with love!

The visit went well. Dr. Straughn said everything looked great and she was doing fabulous! We discussed milestones and behavior (which has been an issue lately, by the way...). Then ,the ritual of picture taking with Dr. S commenced.

Oh, how I love these pictures of her with her pediatrician. He's such a patient, caring and knowledgeable doctor. I'm so happy we found him...and that he puts up with my picture taking during well-visits. Stay tuned for our 15 month well visit in a couple of months!

1 comment:

Marci said...

You are so cute taking pics at her appts....I love it. And that first pic is priceless - love that face!