Sunday, September 26, 2010

AB's First Trip to the Zoo...

...and we probably could've held off a few more months before making the trek out. It was a fun day with my Hubby and baby, but AB is still a little young to know what the zoo really is and what it all means. Most of the animals were too far away for her to even notice them. It ended up being too hot, which we weren't expecting. So we felt like we were just keeping her out in the heat for no reason. She didn't understand, and she didn't appear to be having that much fun, so we didn't stay too long...probably just a little over an hour. I, on the other hand, enjoyed all the animals we saw and loved it. I've always love the zoo. Here's what we (we, meaning Austin and I, mainly) saw while we were there...
Mama Chimp nursing her baby
A fun monkey...can't remember what these are called

Austin and I tried and tried to get AB to see where this guy was, but she couldn't ever quite place him.

Baboon

AB and Daddy...looking at the monkeys

Finally, she sees something!

Thought this guys was funny

We had her downing that water on this hot, not so good of a day, to go to the zoo...

Warthog

The same baby who was nursing was awake by the time we got around to the other side. It's amazing how the Mom interacts with the baby just as a human would with our babies.

Apes

Zebras

Not havin' it

My favs...giraffes


Posing with Daddy



Daddy holding AB under the misters.


Elephants

White tiger



Can you see the lioness?

Sweaty girl

Now, the flamingos got her attention! They were closer up and pink!




We ended our day with cooling off in the Cafe and eating ICEEs, right by the window next to the alligators, turtle, and fishes.


Overall, it was a fun family day. I could be stuck in a tiny room with my two loves and still have the time of my life with them, but the zoo probably wasn't the best place to go on this hot Labor Day. I can't wait to go back when AB is a little older and can understand what all of it means. Hopefully by that point, we'll have her identifying some of these creatures!

1 comment:

Marci said...

Hahaha, reminds me of Madison's first trip. We basically stayed in the water area (at the Dallas Zoo) and let her walk around barefoot in it b/c it was SO hot. We didn't have a good first trip either, and I think I got one pic of her touching a rabbit!