Thank you for taking an interest in our family blog! It is a private blog, and I appreciate you not sharing your login information. I hope you can tell that we love Jesus and are living solely to raise our children to make much of His name and to stand out in a world of sin and conformers. I hope you find that what you read is genuine. Nothing is put on for show to make us look ideal. We are ANYTHING BUT the ideal family. We are real. We have problems. We trust Jesus in all we do.
Sunday, September 5, 2010
AB's One Year Birthday Bash!
The Saturday before AB's birthday (and the Saturday before school started) we had Annabelle's 1st birthday party! Oh man, was Mommy ever glad for it to get here! I planned this party for three months, and what a relief to have it here! Not that I didn't enjoy every second of my sweet girl's day, but I tend to stress myself out over things like this. For those of you who know me, this shouldn't come as a shock at all! AB had a flip flop and sunglasses themed party. It was so much fun to plan. The colors were hot pink, neon orange and lime green. Everything revolved around these colors and it was very colorful and beachy at our house. Annabelle was all decked out in her birthday outfit. Here she is after getting dressed, lying down on the changing table. So much poof, all you can see is baby feet!
I spent the entire summer on this party, and the sunglasses banner was my biggest project (next to the DVD slide show). For every letter in "Happy Birthday" is a monthly picture in each one of the lenses in the sunglasses. I made them out of felt and it was so much fun!
The fabulous cake was made by the amazing Ronica Saygi. She teaches 3rd grade at my school, and I'm wondering how she doesn't go into business making cakes! She's so talented it's insane!!!
Another favorite project was the party favors. I ordered a bunch of cheap bubbles from Oriental Trading, took off their labels, found some beachy scrapbook paper, and covered the bottles with that. Then, I printed off labels that said, "Thanks for coming to my 1st birthday party. Love, Annabelle" with her picture and stuck the labels on around the bubbles. Then, as an extra treat, I wrapped a silly band around the top of the bubbles. That was a big hit, as you can imagine!
I wanted the mantle to feature sweet Annabelle's first birthday pics. Kelly took them in downtown McKinney and they turned out amazing! I framed several of my favorites and put them around the house!
Tah-Dah! I spent a couple of weeks making the tissue paper pom poms. I just focused on one size of pom poms, but really liked the burst of color they added to the room. Turned out to be yet another fun project.
One side of the table.
The other side of the table.
Miss Em all ready to par-tay!
Grammy and the birthday girl!
Two of my very favorite people, Andrea and Melissa.
Love this! This stunning young lady used to be little enough for me to babysitt her! I started babysitting her and her younger sister when she was eight and her sister was four! Now, she's old enough to babysitt my baby! Really??!? Where does all that time go?

AB saying "Hi" to her Nana.
Sweet Audrey - she was all about her Aunt Jen on this day! Love, love this girl!

Eating a quick lunch before cake
Time for presents! She got so many wonderful things! Everyone was so thoughtful and generous and did way more than they should have! AB loved everything she got!


Even Daddy loved the gifts! He modeled a couple of times!





My beautiful BFF (preggo with baby Harper - due in November!)
Next to Daddy and Granpa, Uncle Tony is AB's favorite guy! As soon as she saw him, she reached her arms up for him. So sweet!

Waiting for cake!











Our favorite person in the whole world!! Miss Andrea - Annabelle's amazing babysitter! Of course, I think AB views going to Andrea's the same as going to a theme park or some fun place like that! You should hear this girl squeal every morning when she sees Andrea's house! She loves it there!
Daddy and Mommy with our big one year old!
AB and GG
Whew! Cousin Amanda finally made it!
AB and Auntie Julie!
AB and her BFF, Anna. These two are inseperable!

The day was actually a lot less stressful than I had anticipated. Everything flowed smoothly and there was a good amount of socializing, and a good amount of keeping things going so no one got bored. AB was in good spirits and was very go with the flow. It was very surreal celebrating my baby's one year birthday. One year sure does fly. I can remember her actual birthday so vividly and fondly. I love reliving those memories! Thank you to all of you who were a part of her special day, and to those who remembered me and kept me in your prayers on her actual birthday when I had to work. I can't very well take off the second day of Kindergarten, now can I? Oh well, we partied it up on Saturday and made a bunch of new and fun memories! Happy Birthday to my beautiful girl! Love you, Annabelle!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You did a great job on the party! Don't check my blog in two months, as I am sure Avery's birthday will be nothing like Miss Annabelle's!! I can't believe our babies are growing up so fast!
Awww, what a great party!!! You did an AMAZING job...my goodness! So creative! She looks adorable, and looks like she had a blast. I'm loving the pic of you opening the card and her cracking up! :)
Post a Comment