Well, here we are nearly two months later, and I still can't find my camera charger. I've searched high and low. It's nowhere. Something I've learned about myself since I've become a mom, especially, I put things places...and I can't remember for the life of me where. This could have something to do with the fact I'm a terrible clutter bug. I stuff things in drawers and cabinets,and in the most peculiar places. I'm sure my charger is around here somewhere, but I may have to buy a new one before it shows up. Until then, I feel there is no reason to stop blogging completely! Miss AB is growing and doing so many things! I must document! However, she will be 18 months old in 23 days. At that point, it will be time for another tri-monthly post! Not to mention all the Christmas pictures left to post! *sigh* Which brings me to another point - my Picasa web albums! Argh! I'm starting to despise those words. I'm thinking I'm going to just bite the bullet and purchase some storage. So, as soon as those two problems have been solved, I'll be back on the picture-posting, blogging front once again!
As for Annabelle, could she be any more fun? We are having our typical pre-two year old tantrums, but nothing unbearable. This girl knows what she wants when she wants it, and she's strong-willed!! I love that about her, though. She has such a sense of independence. Someone gave her a talking (Fisher Price) tea set for her birthday. I hadn't opened it yet because I thought she was a little too young. A couple of weeks ago I set up a small table and two chairs in her room that a friend had given me. I felt this table was incomplete without a tea set! So, I opened up the tea set. I placed the two cups, talking pitcher, and a plate with three desserts on the table. That girl sat down at that table and played with that tea set for nearly three hours! Yes, three hours! I was in her room doing some major cleaning out and putting away old clothes. I sat in there with her the whole time. I got some work done and we had a lovely tea party together. So much fun. Ever since then, she walks around the house (if she's not sitting at her table) with her pitcher and tea cups. She's busy pouring Austin or myself some tea or using her cups as little containers to find small blocks or shapes to collect and put in her cups. I'm really starting to see her imaginative play come out and it's very neat.
Her vocabulary has really taken off in the last few weeks. Last weekend we had her sit on the potty - which by the way, she went poo-poo for the first time. It wasn't a true success, but it was something and we praised and praised her! As she was sitting on the potty, she was holding very tightly to her Daddy's neck (she's a little afraid of the potty), Austin was saying something funny to her, to where she looked over at me and said, "Dada se-yee!" Which translates to, "Daddy's silly!" We died laughing! This was only the second or third time she's put two words together. The other times have been, "Where's Scout?" or "It's Dada!" She's starting to understand more, to where she is saying more. I love it. She's showing a lot of affection and her two newest words are "kees!" (kiss) and "hu!" (hug). She's her momma's girl! She loves to give out hugs and kisses.
My favorite saying so far, that's she's asked me twice now...the first time she was really tired when we got home and when I tried to pick her up, she thrashed her arms back and gave me attitude to where I wouldn't pick her up. Instead of getting upset or angry, I dramatically knelt down and pretended to cry. She tapped me on the arm, and said, "Momma! Momma! You k?" Did that make my heart smile, or what? The next time was when I was working out yesterday. I was really struggling and doing a tough exercise. She comes over and bends down next to me, "Momma, you k?" She has a sweet and loving heart.
I guess I'll save some of these milestones for her 18 month posts. After going through a friend's blog today, who is fabulous about documenting everything her three boys do, it made me sad it's been nearly a month since I've done the same. I know I had a set back, but I'm doing much better. My sad days are very, very few and far between. I still think about our sweet baby. I miss him/her very much. As AB gets older, it makes me treasure everything a little more. We want another one. She's been so much fun! Why not do it again? And again? Oh, and maybe again? :0) We'll see. If there's one thing I've learned, it's all in the good Lord's timing. No matter how much planning you may do, He shows us it's all about our trust in Him.
1 comment:
Oh my gosh, she's such a cutie pie! I LOVE that age (minus the tantrums and attitude). But when they start showing their own little personality and they start talking more and learning more - it's so much fun! Enjoy these days with her. :)
Post a Comment