Happy 21 Months, Miss AB!
It's crazy how much of a little adult you are. How did we get here? And so soon! Funny story - the other day you were in the bathtub and you were going on and on about something, and rambling in your language, that Daddy and I can understand about half of. You just seemed so grown up. So, I was looking at you, and more to myself than you, I said, "Who are you?" You stopped. Gave me a very puzzled look and with your classic Annabelle "look" said, "Anbelle" (which is what you call yourself). Translation: "I'm Annabelle, Mommy. Duh!" I was rolling! You are so funny!
Not only are you hilarious, but also very affectionate. You love giving hugs, kisses and pats. You often run up and hug Mommy and Daddy's leg, and say, "I yuv you!" Melts our hearts. Just last night we went over to Nick and Kelly's so you could meet Alex for the first time. I was hesitant to let you hold him, but Aunt Kelly said it was ok. You were a little rough, but only because you wanted to give that four week old baby a big hug. And you did. And he screamed his head off. It's ok. It was very sweet. We just need to work on hugging a little more gently before you have a baby brother or sister.
You have some of the sweetest facial expressions. You also have some of the most "diva" facial expressions as well. One of my favorites, is the eye rolling when you're talking in conversation. You've been rolling your eyes since you were ten months old. It's funny - if you're not in trouble that is. I could stare at your sweet face all day, though.
Probably the sweetest thing you've done over the last month or so is learned to pray to God. You now request to do so before bed time. Daddy always prays over you before you go to bed at night, but recently you've taken an interest in it. We let you pray, first, and then Daddy. We love listening to you say, "Dear God" and "I love you, Amen." I always think that is the best part to God. I know He waits for your prayers. Music to his ears.
These last few months have been so full of new things you do and things you say. I'm keeping a record of them on the calendar. Each day when you do or say something new, I write it down. Some of my favorite things you've said/done:
Any time you think they're is something wrong with me, you look at me (and sometimes pat me) and say, "Mommy, you ok?"
If Mommy and Daddy are lying down and we even look like we're going to sleep, you stop it by patting us and saying, "Ake up!"
You've started taking Daddy's hand, putting it next to your cheek and saying, "I yuv you, Daddy."
If you accidentally (or purposefully) hit, push, you immediately realize your wrong doing and say, "Sawy."
If you happen to make a bodily noise (heehee), you look around to see who heard, and say, " 'Cuse me!"
Your newest thing as of this week. If it's time to do something you don't want to do, you say, "No not yet!"
Some of our not so favorite things you say or do (even though we think everything you do is ADORABLE):
Your most recent "defiant" saying, "Stop it!" You say this quite frequently, and you visit time out quite frequently.
"No! I don't want to!" We hear this a lot.
And my least favorite, and least proud Mommy moment...you've been telling us to " 'Ut up." This translate to "shut up." This is my fault. I tell Kemah this a lot, because she's a very annoying animal. Apparently, you've been listening. We're trying to teach you that Mommy was wrong for saying this and it isn't a good thing to say. It hasn't sunk in yet.
You're not very good at sharing, yet. You tend to get a little aggressive with Emme at Andrea's house. This breaks Mommy's (teacher) heart. I want you to be fair and gentle. I know you are two and you'll grow out of it, I hope, but it still makes me sad to hear these things.
You are buckets of fun, AB! Mommy loves taking you places. Speaking of taking you places. My Mother's Day present was a new car. My Mommy car. To tote you around in. I think you like it, and notice that it's different. My sure notices a difference! GG was sweet to let me have her car to drive around for two years, but I needed something different. Buicks aren't Mommy's style.
Thank you, AB, for being you and for being such a wonderful blessing to Mommy and Daddy. God's love shows through you everyday and I know you're going to grow up to do great things. I can't believe how much you've grown already. I can't believe my next tri-monthly post will be when you are TWO YEARS OLD! What is this madness and where has the time gone? I can't wait to start planning your party. I already have the theme picked out and it's currently your FAVORITE thing on television.
I love you, sweet angel. Happy 21 Months!
Love,
Mommy
3 comments:
I love that sweet girl soooo much! Her Easter dress, is still my favorite thing in the whole world!!!
She is getting so big! She is such a cutie and looks so much like her mama! Hope you guys are doing well. P.S. If you figure out a way to keep them from growing up so fast, please share your secret!
Aww, Jennifer, she's so precious, and her smile just makes you smile! She really does look like you, so much! Anyway, YES, she will learn to share - every kid goes through that. :) I can't believe she's almost 2!
Post a Comment