Since I was a little girl, the State Fair has always been a big deal to me. I have my own silly traditions that I stick to every year. From the order of our day to what I eat and the order I eat those things in! I'm weird, I know! I'm so excited for AB and her little sister/brother to love get to know the fair and hopefully love it the way her Daddy and I do.
We started our day off by going through the livestock (as we do every year). Except this year there was something very big on display...
Then we stopped to look at the little bunnies, chicks, ducks and puppies on display. AB was really into all the animals this year.
We made our first food stop at the tater twister stand. This is MY FAVORITE!!! AB enjoyed them, too!
After a nutty bar, we stopped in to see Texas' biggest cowboy. I can't say that AB enjoyed this very much at first. He was all she could talk about, but when she finally got up close to the big guy, it was a little scary for a two year old. Note the crying face...
...and at times it was hard to look.
But we got through it and were able to sit there and listen to him say, "Howdy, Folks!" I think she warmed up to the idea, but two months later we are still hearing about Big Tex and how he is a little scary and loud!
AB spotted a big sign of Bob the Builder. We had to go say, "hi."
There was actually a Bob the Builder exhibit where kids could do construction activities...but AB was perfectly happy with standing and talking to the sign for a while. She was fascinated.
We ended our day (like always) with the petting zoo. Of course, by the time we get there, the animals are full...except for those darn goats. AB really enjoyed this, though. This was the first year she was able to feed them herself.
On our way out we said, "hi" and "bye" to the baby pigs. We started our day out with the big one and ended it with the little ones.
AB loved the fair and talked about Bob the Builder and Big Tex until she finally crashed in the backseat. The Fair takes a lot out of a two year old (and a pregnant 28 year old, I might add). Looking back, I didn't get nearly as many pictures as I thought, but we have the memories!
1 comment:
Oh my goodness...such a cutie! I LOVE the close-up pic of her with her big smile. :)
Post a Comment