One of the things that has left the biggest impression in my life is this guy. Lol...obviously, but this statue fascinated me as a kid and continues to fascinate me as an adult! I love the symbolism with this statue. Jesus is and should be such a huge part of our lives and he needs to seem so overwhelmingly in charge of our decisions and our actions. I feel overwhelmed with His presence when I'm here. I need to feel that way all the time, and I try, but I love how this statue is a constant reminder of His ultimate sacrifice and how He is sovereign and omnipresent. I don't think I could ever, ever get tired of seeing this sight.
It was 27 years ago that I first laid eyes on him. The same age AB is. She found him pretty impressive, too.
If you walk down aways, you can go and sit and look over the whole town at a little seating area. From Christ of the Ozarks you can see the oldest hotel in Eureka Springs, the Crescent hotel. Again, another one of my favorite things to do as a child. Such a peaceful and serene place.
 |
| My sad little iphone camera doesn't do it justice, but there's the hotel way back there. |
 |
| Much better. We stopped at an observatory to take this one. Breathtaking! See the small bit of the red roof through the trees? That's St. Elizabeth Church. |
The next day, on our way out, we stopped at St. Elizabeth Garden. It's part of the church and it's located right by the Crescent Hotel. We always made this stop the night before we left town. I love it because it's the opposite view of where we are when we visit the statue. Sadly, the trees are so overgrown now, you can't see the statue from the garden anymore.
We took some pictures and snapped my most favorite picture, ever, I think.
 |
| I've never seen anything sweeter. |
 |
| Behind us is where you could use to see Christ of the Ozarks towering over the trees. Now the trees are so overgrown, you can't. Kind of a bummer, but I've had my picture taken in this exact place time and time again. Love to be sitting here with my AB. |
No comments:
Post a Comment