Monday, September 2, 2013

2013 Family Vacation -- Eureka Springs: Shopping Downtown and a Trolley Ride

I have to admit, the three full days we were staying there just didn't seem like enough to get everything done that I wanted to do!! I knew the ins and outs of this place, and I wanted to do EVERYTHING! However, when you have two small kiddos, some sacrifices have to be made, but they were wonderful and very go with the flow.

After the zoo, we decided to venture downtown and do some shopping. No complaints from these two --all smiles and rearing to go!

First stop was lunch at little hole in the wall pizza/Italian place down town, Eureka Springs. AB requested her usual, spaghetti. And oh man, did she get some spaghetti!


The shops are quaint and just neat to go in, even if you aren't going to buy anything. We went into an old toy store. They sold old time toys and found a surprise when we checked out. This is why I LOVE this place. It's so homey and the shop owners will bring their pets and it adds to the experience for the kids. And apparently the Dads, too. It's not every day you go shopping and meet a huge standard poodle.



We stopped for ice cream and sno cones. Guess which one had the sno cone?


One thing that AB wanted to do ever since we arrived was ride on "Charlie." That's what she calls Trolleys. I try and explain that that the "tr" and "ch" sound the same in the word and the word is "T-ro-l-l-e-y," but she continued to call it "Charlie." Haha. She was fascinated by them because of Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood. So, we had to make sure we took a "Charlie" to and from downtown.

The second we got on the Trolley, AB crashed in Daddy's lap. LC, however, was fascinated! What's this? No car seat? No rear facing? You're buckling me into a big seat, Mom?


She even got to look out the window the whole time. I think she loved it.

Sweet girl. Such a snuggler. Love, love her.
After the "Charlie" ride, we tried to venture out to Blue Spring, botanical garden. Unfortunately, the drive out there and being in my first trimester didn't make it possible to go. I was feeling too nauseated. I was so upset. Blue Spring was always one of my favorite places to visit as a kid, and I knew AB would love it. Oh well, I had to give somewhere.

No comments: