Thursday, September 26, 2013

Annabelle-isms: January - September 2013

February 27, 2013
Austin: "Hey wife!" (Talking to me. Obviously...)
AB: "Daddy! No she isn't. She is Momma and you call her babe. She doesn't cut things!!"
Austin: {puzzled, blank stare}
Me: {right back at him}
Austin: {after a few seconds of confusion} "No, baby. I said 'wife'. Not 'knife'!
Me: {falling over laughing}

April 7, 2013
AB looking and looking for one of her favorite toy cupcakes:
"Ugh! Where is that thing? It's driving me nervous!!!"


April 18, 2013
AB: "Umm...Mommy. Landree just said, 'pizza.' Did you hear that?"
This comment came after trying to convince us to order pizza for dinner. I guess she figured if she couldn't convince us, Landree could. Coming from a baby that doesn't come close to making out words yet. It worked....by the way.


April 29, 2013
AB: "Hey, you know that green lizard guy? Yeah, he talks just like Ernie on Sesame Street!"
Ok. That "green lizard guy?" That would be Kermit the frog. It pains me she doesn't know who that is! And for that matter, thinks he's a lizard!!! On another note, I am impressed by her ability to make the voice connection, though. It's time to bust out my old Muppet movies!


June 4, 2013
"I can't believe you made that choice! That was a bad, bad choice. That poor bunny. His brothers and father and sisters and mother will be looking for him...(pause)...I don't even have any plans. I don't have any plans on how to make bunnies not dead!!"
-Annabelle, lecturing the dog after we found a lifeless baby bunny in her mouth. 


June 10, 2013
So, tried out a new restaurant for my "pretend" lunch today. AB calls it "Olive Garden" (but the menu is nothing like the original!) My lunch consisted of a waffle, tomato, a baguette, tomato and for dessert a cupcake with sprinkles. When I was getting ready to pay and get the heck out of there, my waitress,(Annabelle) said, "Ok, thanks. And next time you want food, you can just go shopping at the store. They have plenty of food there." Some customer service. Sheesh.

June 13, 2013
Annabelle: "Mommy, can I please have a grilled cheese from Wonderbooger?"
Me: "Absolutely!"
{And no, I didn't correct her and I hope she calls Whataburger, "wonderbooger" her whole life!}


June 15, 2013
AB: "Daddy! I had a wonderful dream last night!"
Austin: "Oh, yeah?"
AB: "Yes, I was a beautiful princess!!"
Austin: "Well, that wasn't a dream because you really are a beautiful princess!"
AB: {skeptical look}
.....pause for long silence....
Austin: "Ok, you're right it was a dream. I know you're a realist."


July 24, 2013
Austin: "Do you know where my iPad is?"
Me: "No. Annabelle was the last one to have it. Annabelle, do you know where Daddy's iPad is?"
AB: "Umm...no, I don't."
{Looking....looking...looking...}
Me: "Come on, AB. You were the last one to have it."
AB: "I don't know where it is! I mean, iPads don't just get up and walk away."




July 25, 2013
I would like to take a second and thank the tv shows, Cat in the Hat, Cailou, and Bubble Guppies. Because of them we found out AB can name four out of the eight planets, knows the sun is a star, and our galaxy is called the Milky Way. No folks, this is not a proud parenting moment, for she did not learn these things from us. But I will not complain the things she's picking up are educational, at least.


August 5, 2013
AB: "I'm perfect for you, huh, Momma?"
-- I don't know exactly in what context she was referring, but I couldn't agree with this more!

August 11, 2013
This might be my all time FAVORITE!
We were getting ready to go see Christ of the Ozarks...
AB: "I don't want to go. I don't like Jesus the statue. I like the real Jesus. The one who died and is in Heaven! Not a statue..."
Wow. I know she's too young to really get it, but so much of that statement has a crazy truth to it.


August 16, 2013
AB: "Momma. You're just too much for me!"

....I don't even know how to respond to that.


August 31, 2013
"Where's that indoor/outdoor booger place?"

- AB speak for In and Out Burger


September 7, 2013
AB: "Mommy, is this the best day you've ever had?"
Me: "Well. It is a good day. Every day with you is the best day!"
AB: "Yes, but is it the best day EVER?"
Me: "Sure!"
AB: "Good. You're welcome for the day."

Ummm....thank you? This kid...


September 21, 2013
An impromptu shopping spree, buying matching outfits for the girls, lead to this conversation...

Me: (thinking out loud) "Ooh. Daddy is going to be mad at me."
AB: "No. Daddy loves you!"
Me: "Well ok. I meant that Daddy is going to be disappointed in my decision to spend too much money."
AB: "You should pray about that."


September 22, 2013
AB: "You know. I'm a big girl now. I'm not little anymore."
(....pause....)
AB: "Can't you just feel like you will cry right now?"

Yes, AB I could. Stop growing up!! And better yet, stop rubbing it in!


September 25, 2013
AB: "Whoa, Momma! That just scared my life!"


No comments: