This is the time of year that I start getting that surge of excitement in my stomach and fresh, new ideas pop into my head and I can't wait to start school, again! There isn't much that can tear me away from my beautiful new home except for the love of teaching. My classroom is my sanctuary and I could spend hours upon hours there. In fact, I did spend hours upon hours there last night, and my poor husband had dinner waiting for me for quite a while before I decided to come home! Luckily, I have a wonderful hubby who understands my love and, sometimes, obsession for my job. My first year of teaching I saw the movie " The Freedom Writers" (everyone, not just teachers, but everyone should see it!). The week we moved into our house it was on every night on one of the movie channels. It has been my inspiration for every school year. Even though I don't teach high school and I'm not faced with the same issues that she was in the movie it still makes me feel like I can make a difference, and if I can do that for at least one student, I've done my job. It totally gets me pumped for school and inspires me to give it my all. Anyway, it's just an exciting time of year!
On another note, I still can't find my camera chord and I am unable to post pics of my new house and the fun day that we signed our life away. It's been such an exciting month, and as soon as I can share that, I sure will.
- Jennifer :0)
1 comment:
Aw, I'm glad you saw that post! It makes me feel good since you were part of it! haha We definitely need to all get together!! Let's make that happen!
Post a Comment