
Thank you for taking an interest in our family blog! It is a private blog, and I appreciate you not sharing your login information. I hope you can tell that we love Jesus and are living solely to raise our children to make much of His name and to stand out in a world of sin and conformers. I hope you find that what you read is genuine. Nothing is put on for show to make us look ideal. We are ANYTHING BUT the ideal family. We are real. We have problems. We trust Jesus in all we do.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Telling My Class
I knew I didn't want to just mention that I was having a baby in our everyday casual conversation. I wanted to surprise my kids and have them figure it out. Since we have been working on sentence structure and identifying all the important components of a sentence, I came up with a quick, fun activity. I have four tables in my room where my kids sit for their seatwork. I wrote on four different sentence strips, "Mrs. Aldrich is having a baby!" I cut up each word individually, and at each table they had to work as a group to put the sentence together with their knowledge of sentence structure and doing their best to sound out their words. They did a GREAT job!! I told them they couldn't shout out what the sentence said until all of the tables had put the sentence back together and figured out what it said. They were so excited when they figured out the sentence and were nearly bursting with excitement to share the news. As soon as all the tables put the sentence strip back in order, I let them yell out the answer. They did a fantastic job of working together and sounding out their words...it was a proud teacher moment. It was awesome to share the news in a fun way with them, I wanted them to feel a part of it. Afterwards, they came to the carpet and I passed around the sonogram picture and told them they had to be very gentle. They did awesome with that, too. I have an amazing class, and I was so proud to share my fabulous news with them.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
How fun!!:)
Post a Comment