Monday, March 1, 2010

Six Month Check-Up

Last Friday, the 26th was AB's six month check-up. I couldn't believe it. It seems like I was just there for her four month check-up. I don't think it really hit me that she was six months until Chana asked me if I wanted to get her a flu shot. A flu shot? Really? She's old enough to have a flu shot, now? I remember when I first had her and the Swine Flu was in full swing and I was one paranoid, freaked out new Momma! I just kept thinking to myself, "oh, how I wish she was six months old so I could get her a flu shot." Be careful what you wish for...it comes true!! So, there we were, at Annabelle's six month appointment and she got her flu shot. I actually videoed her getting her shots. I know, I know...I'm a mean mom. It breaks my heart every time, but she'll only be six months one time. Dr. Straughn was very pleased with his little patient. She was super good during the exam. Every time he would go to look in her nose or mouth she would freeze and follow him with eyes. I could tell she was very confused. She's still a petite little thing, weighing in at a whopping 14 pounds, 6 oz. She's only gained about a pound a month and is in the 20th percentile for weight, 45th percentile for height, and in the 12th percentile for head circumfrence. Dr. Straughn told me to go on ahead and start giving her more of a variety with baby food, and when she gets the hang of it, to start giving it to her three times a day - breakfast, lunch and dinner. So, we tried green beans tonight...they weren't a big hit. I think she likes the carrots better! Anyway, another good visit and a healthy baby. God is good! Here are our classic doctor's visit shots:




That's my happy six month old! Love you, AB!

1 comment:

Marci said...

Awww, such a teeny little thing! That's exactly how Madison was...I just looked and she was 14 lbs. 14 ozs. at 6 months! AB is so cute and I love how happy she always is.