My Precious Annabelle,
You are six months old today...

...and it absolutely blows my mind! I told myself I wouldn't say it, but I'm going to; the time has just flown by. The first three or four months seem to go slower. I'm attributing that to getting used to have a newborn around and all the chaos that comes along with it. But now, your Daddy and I live our lives as if you've been in it forever. We are enjoying it so much, and the time is just flying by. You are the apple of our eye, and we are so in awe of you. I'm in awe, too, that you are six months old. Six months old. *Sigh* I remember a few months back, you were about three months, and I was talking to someone who said they had a six month old daughter. That seemed so much older and seemed so far away. Now, here we are. You are half a year old, and when you were in my belly it seemed like it would be FOREVER until you got here. I couldn't wait! Oh, you are getting to be such a big girl! I have to admit, AB, this monthly photo shoot was by far the most difficult. In the other ones, especially your four and five month shoot, you were so perfectly content to be propped up in that big 'ol chair and have your picture taken. You'd stare right at me and give me the biggest and the best smiles. During this shoot, all you were interested in was eating your shoe...or grabbing the blanket next to you, anything and everything that could possibly distract you, did. You also weren't nearly as smiley for me this month as you have been the last two or three. You're just getting to be a big girl and you have other things you'd rather focus your attention on, I guess. My goodness how you're changing, it's exciting and terrifying all at the same time. As if you weren't before, but you are just such a beautiful baby. Oh, I could stare at you all day long. Your Aunt Kelly has taken up photography, and I'm so excited because you have been a source of practice for her. She's very talented at it, and it didn't hurt that she had an incredibly beautiful subject to work with!








You are doing so many new things. I don't want to forget all these new things. I know they may seem small now, but every little thing you do is so important to Mommy and I don't want to forget. You reach out for almost everything! Right around five months, Daddy set up your bouncy (excer-saucer) and at first you were a little unsure of it. You stared at the toys and then would look back up at us like, "what the heck am I supposed to do with all this?" After a couple of days, you quickly caught on. Now, it is your favorite thing in the world. You sit in there and grab at the toys, mainly trying to put them in your mouth, and have recently started talking and at times, screaming, while you play. It's adorable. You love your bouncy!

This month hosted your first Valentine's Day. From a previous post, you'll find that I talked about how love takes on a new meaning for me...and it does. I love more than I knew I could. My heart could burst with love for you, AB. Daddy feels the same way. We were just saying today how we may start doing something around the house, but never really finish it because we are always at your side loving on you or playing with you because you are just that much fun to be around. Every sound you make and thing you do is precious to us and we love you more than words can express.



There are a lot of pictures for this month's post, and I feel like it is more thant some of the past months. This month, though, has been very busy and things have happened that we don't get to photograph everyday, like your first real snow. What an adorable little snow bunny you made and you seemed to enjoy being out in the frigid cold in the snow. I know you can't possibly understand what's going on, but you're smart enough to know that is was something new.



You've always been a good sleeper (and Daddy and I are so thankful for this!), but this month has proven to be the easiest month when it comes to you sleeping. Daddy and I will lie you down in your bed and you will stare at us and start waving your arms around with excitement. You
love to go to bed. Then Daddy kisses you, and then you and I sing a song and say our prayers and then you go straight to sleep, and you sleep all night. By the way, all night = 12 hours! You're awesome, AB. This month I've started putting a bigger blanket in bed with you and your lovie. I feel comfortable now with you being able to pull things away or off of you if you need them to be. I wake up some mornings to find that you've pulled your blanket or your lovie over your head or face. At first, it would big time freak me out, but now I know this is how you like to sleep at times. It's pretty stinkin' cute!

Speaking of pulling things, you're starting to realize those big 'ol bows that Mommy puts on your head, and at times, you're not too fond of them. I watch that little hand of yours reach up on your head to find that bow so you can take it off. I, of course, am opposed to this and try and stop you when you do it. Most of the time I win, but not always! I don't want your bow days to be over yet!!! I do take into account that sometimes you might not want anything on your head, but for the most part you are pretty good about it. You also reach up for Mommy or Daddy's drink whenever we are drinking from any kind of container. You love ice water! We'll hold the glass up to your face and you
try to drink it, but most of the time it just spills down the front of you. You're so stinking cute that we watch you do this over and over.

You've also started to do a little bit of talking and making sounds out of those baby coos. Your most recent is "bah-bah-bah". However, you prefer to whisper it for some reason. Daddy and I are trying to turn this "bah-bah-bah" into a "bye-bye-bye." This is because you have started moving your hands and fingers into a waving motion and so we are trying to get you to associate the two. No luck, yet, but you'll get there. Today when you were mad at us because we weren't getting your bottle fast enough, in the midst of your little cries you would let out a couple of "ma ma's" I, of course, like to think you are saying, "ma ma". I can dream, can't I? You aren't sitting up as of yet. We're working on it. And as far as turning over, you are just going from tummy to back, not back to tummy. That's ok. There's plenty of time for all that!

You are the sweetest, most bright-eyed baby. You have quite the fan base. Mommy and Daddy have a very long list of babysitters. Almost all of our friends offer to babysit for us. Between Grammy and Grandpa and Nana and Papi and all of the other 100 people who want to babysit you, Daddy and I never have to worry about having a date night! But a lot of the time we just prefer to take you with us. You're super fun to be around!


You are quite the ham and have the most adorable personality! Daddy and Mommy could listen to you talk and carry on all day and night. You absolutely light up the room and capture a lot of hearts. One heart that you will always have is your cousin, Joey. It's so bittersweet right now, AB. Joey is so special to our family and we don't get to see him that much any more. He practically has his own room at our house, but doesn't get to come and enjoy it that often. Sometimes, some mommies and daddies can't get along. When that happens, their kids are caught in the middle of it and that is what has happened with Cousin Joe. So, we pray for him everyday and I especially pray that you two stay close. You both love eachother so much now. I'd hate it if you two grew apart. God knows, and He's watching over Joey when he can't be with us. In the meantime, I just enjoy those precious moments that we have with him.






Oh, sweet girl. I thank God everyday for all these blessings we have and that we have you. You make me so happy! I'm not going to lie, you turning six months has been hard for me. I've seen so many changes and so much growth, it makes me realize that you are growing up and I don't want to think about it. I'm sort of longing for those newborn days, but at the same time I'm really enjoying seeing how you're growing. I love all the new and cute things you're doing. When you smile at us, talk to us, reach up for us, etc...it makes me so happy that I could burst. I'm trying to look forward to things to come and not dread you growing up. My prayer for you is you will grow into a beautiful, confident, Godly young lady; know humility and love for others. God has great things planned for you! I just know it!

Happy six months to the most beautiful and wonderful baby I know! In half a year you will be a one year old and I know that will bring on a new set of fun! Oh, and what fun Mommy will have putting your birthday party together! Until then, I will enjoy each month as it comes and watch you grow up.


I love you more and more everyday! You are absolutely precious in every way!
Love you,
Mommy
3 comments:
I am not going to lie...This post made me cry! When I told Jonas on the 24th that AB was 6 months old he just shook his head and said "We don't see that little girl enough!" Love yall!
You are such a sweet mommy! I love that you do these monthly posts...she will love reading these one day. AB is so stinkin' cute - such a pretty girl. Seeing these pics and reading this makes me miss those days, but there are sooo many more moments that you have to look forward to. I think every stage you will say, "this is my favorite". :)
Congrats on being a 6 month old Mommy! She looks like such a joy; she always has such a big smile on her face!
Kendra
Post a Comment