Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snowy Day

Even though it was almost completely unimaginable, we had one of the most beautiful snowy days I have ever seen in my 27 years of life. Yeah, yeah I know I live in Texas and my snowy days have been pretty few and far between, but the pictures from today could've been taken in Colorado (minus the mountains). I couldn't help but think of one of my favorite children's books The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats (whom is also one of my favorite children's authors).

I would've loved to have witnessed today through the eyes of a child just like Peter did in The Snowy Day. It is still easy to get in touch with my inner child on days like this. Speaking of children, the day started off with letting my kiddos let loose and have some fun playing in the snow! My little cousin who lives in California send me his Flat Stanley in the mail this week and we're supposed to take pictures with Flat Stanley of things in Texas and mail Stanley on back to California. What a perfect day to take pictures with Flat Stanley! Here are my kiddos with Stanley. I love the look on their faces. So excited!

Here we are outside on the playground! Can you get a load of that? Crazy! Everything is just covered in a blanket of snow!

All afternoon activites were cancelled in Wylie, so our principal let us leave as soon as the kiddos were all gone for the afternoon. I couldn't wait to get AB and take her outside and see how she reacted to all of it. She saw a little bit of snow Christmas Eve, but nothing like this! Austin called and said his work was getting out early and he was on his way home. As soon as Daddy got home, the picture taking fun began. We took AB out front to see the snow. No, she didn't really know what she was looking at, but she knew something was different. I think she enjoyed it at first, then it started getting a little cold. These pictures perfectly captured the moment and I love looking at them!






And of course, she's all decked out in her snow boots! What little girl wouldn't be complete without snowboots???



AB and her number one guy! This is a match made in Heaven, folks. These two are crazy about eachother!



Daddy, Mommy and Baby's footprints in the snow!

Our house hasn't ever seen this much snow! Not since we've been in it, anyway!

3 comments:

Marci said...

Awww, I love the class pics....so neat! You are such a great teacher. :) And OH MY GOODNESS, AB is the cutest baby I've ever seen. I love love love those pics...she looks so happy!

Sonya Rhodes said...

I love the footprint pic!! What a great idea. Maybe we'll have enough snow each winter to make that an annual picture.

Evan and Nicole said...

Soooo precious!! Love the bow!!!!!!!!!