Sunday, February 14, 2010

LOVE

Never has this word meant so much to me or have I really and truly seen the true meaning of it. I don't believe there could ever be a greater love, than that a parent has for their child. As we celebrated the one day of the year dedicated to love, I just couldn't help but think about what it means to me now. Today, the word was everywhere! Why shouldn't it be? It's Valentine's Day...

It was this day, ten years ago that Austin told me he loved me for the first time. It was a very sweet and unexpected little gesture. He took me to White Rock Lake and found a sweet little spot right by the water. He held my hand and told me he loved me...and let me tell you, I was in LOVE! I still am, with that wonderful guy! That is also a love that I can't describe, but it is also a much different love than I have for AB. Although, every time I stare into AB's big, dark eyes, I am reminded of how much I LOVE her Daddy.

It wasn't really until this Valentine's Day, after church that I think I truly understood the Love that God has for me. The fact that he could send his one and only Son to die for me. Could I do the same thing? Could I sacrifce my child for the sake of others? What a wonderful God we serve that He could love me so much to do such a thing. It is because of Him that I can stare into the eyes of my own child and feel that love that I feel for no other.

What a fun first Valentine's we had with Annabelle. She brings so much joy and love to everyone and Austin and I have never been happier. I think having her, also shows us just how much love we have for eachother. What an amazing Daddy Austin is and he is always so loving to us both. We are lucky to have him. Yes, there is a whole lot of love going on today and I feel that I could just burst and spread it all around! Yes, love is many things and being with AB shows me just how true love really is, but I think it's put best in 1 Corinthians 13:1-8:

Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered...
...it keeps no record of wrongs.

Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices in the truth.

It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails...

Happy First Valentine's AB! You will never know the LOVE that your Daddy and I have for you!

1 comment:

Marci said...

Great post...and very very true! Love the pics - especially the one of you two kissing her! SWEET!