Sunday, February 21, 2010

Jenna's Baby Shower

Jenna's baby shower was supposed to be at my house and I couldn't have been more excited to host and decorate for it, with the help of my best friend, of course. Nicole came into town Thursday, and the second I got off work, picked up AB I hauled it over to her mom's to get started on shower preperations. Jenna's nursery theme is "rustic cowboy" (which suits her and her hubby so well, if you only knew them!) so Nicole and I were dead set on finding decor to suit her theme. Instead of your traditional tablecloth, we went with burlap and bandanas, and at Michael's we found a mini bale of hay to make the centerpiece. My mom came across some boy cowboy boots at a Thrift store, so that is what topped the bale of hay. Nicole and I decided to go in on Jenna's gift together by putting a crate (notice how we incorporated the western into the gift :0) ) of our favorite "must-have" baby things. All the way from MAM pacifiers, to wipe-off bibs, to personalized burp cloths, it was so much fun to put together our favorite things to give to our sweet friend. I was so excited until...it hit me. About Friday evening around four 'o' clock I started feeling a little "yucky". I wrote it off as the Taco Bueno I had earlier. After Nicole and I left Babies 'R' Us, we were going to finish off our shopping at Target. I told Nicole I really needed to go home and take a nap and sleep off this yuckiness and I would pick her up later after the girls went to bed and then we'd go to Target. I got home, took a short nap, but knew I still needed to clean so didn't want to sleep too long. The yuckiness only got worse. At around 6:00 pm that night, I was in bed and barely moving for the fear I would be sick! Nicole had to make an executive decision for me and decided to move the shower to her mom's house. I was heart-broken; but what could I do? Sure enough, around 7:00 it hit...the stomach bug was in full force in the Aldrich house. It was miserable. I was up every hour from 7:00 pm to 4 am with it. I knew that not only could the shower not be at my house, but I wouldn't even be able to go. Sadness all around. However, when you are struck with such a miserable sickness, all you care about is feeling better. Jenna's shower was a hit and my mom came to get AB to be there in my honor. I had bought her a dress off Etsy especially for the occassion, so I was sad to not get to enjoy her in it, but I'm glad she was able to go. Austin was so awesome. He barely got any sleep himself, and still got up with AB in the morning and did his Daddy duties, well. Here are the pics from the shower I missed. Thank you, Nicole for doing this all for me and for taking the pictures! Our girls looked like they had fun. Wish I could've been there!




















No comments: