Sunday, July 18, 2010

AB's First Trip to Austin!

A few weeks back, we took AB on her first road trip to Austin to visit her Great Gran, Aunt Sheila and Uncle Mike. Austin and I have wonderful memories of each and every time we've gone down to Lakeway (outside of Austin) to see Gran. So, it was wonderful to add to those memories, by taking Annabelle for the first time. I absolutely love, love, love Lakeway and couldn't wait to share it with her. So, Austin, Nana, AB and myself packed up the car and headed Southbound 35! Of course, we couldn't go to Austin and not stop in Salado. THE most sentimental and nostalgic place of all. We spent the night in Salado and stayed at the infamous Stage Coach Inn. The pictures below are taken in front of the old stage coach in front of the hotel. I have pictures of myself in front of the stage coach with my parents when I was about three, and another shot of Austin and I in the stage coach when were were about 16. It was totally surreal to have yet another picture taken in front of it with our sweet angel.





After we left Salado we headed straight to Gran's. Not only was Annabelle going to meet Great Gran for the first time, but also Great Aunt Sheila and Uncle Mike. This was a very special treat seeing as that they live in California, and it isn't that often we get to see them. This was actually my first time to meet Uncle Mike, myself. The only thing missing was Cousin Shannon and cousins Ben and Alex. Oh, well. Maybe next time! AB immediately took to Aunt Sheila and loved her new Elmo book from her and Uncle Mike.


Of course, after we visited for a bit we had to go swimming in Gran's pool. It's a tradition that we always carry on the same day we arrive. It's almost like relaxation after a long drive. And trust me, there's nothing more relaxing than Gran's backyard and swimming pool.





After swimming, AB went down for a nap, and I went for a walk by myself. I absolutely get lost in the beauty of Lakeway and soak up every single minute that I'm there. Lakeway is full of rolling hills (big hills!) and beautiful views. Here is the view from Gran's front yard.

And it never fails, when the sun sets the deer always comes out. We caught a glimpse of them from the backyard in the lot next to her house.

Sadly, we were only able to stay one night. Daddy had to be back at work on Monday to train a new employee. I tried to figure out a way for AB and I to stay a big longer, but it didn't work out. Plus, we'd miss Daddy way too much! So, Sunday we had to say our good-bye's. Wouldn't you know it, right before we left, AB got attached to Uncle Mike. I think it was hard for him to say goodbye to AB, but I snapped some pretty sweet photos of the two of them! Same with Aunt Sheila...AB gave out kisses and hugs to her and I was so happy to capture all of it!








I hated we didn't get a picture with Great Gran, but right before we left was her nap time, so she was snoozing when I took most of these. It was hard for Nana to say good bye to her little girl, after she had three straight days of some Annabelle lovin'.

2 comments:

Dewawn Wiest said...

Love the pictures and that you're able to make so many sweet memories with AB!

Marci said...

Awww, so sweet...I love that you have pics of you and your parents, you and Austin, and your family now at the same spot. LOVE that! I'm lovin' her little pony tail and swimming hat. ADORABLE!