Sunday, July 11, 2010

Major Milestones: Eating Table Foods

The last few weeks, I've tried my best to get AB used to eating table foods instead of baby food. This has been quite the hurdle for me to overcome. I have a serious fear of her choking, and then not being able to do anything about it. So I cut everything up into itty bitty pieces. She does great at feeding herself and eating almost everything that I put in front of her.

Her likes:
*boiled egg whites
*mandarin oranges
*bananas
*bread
*green beans
*cous cous
*macaroni and cheese
*strawberries

Her dislikes:
*peaches
*gerber chicken sticks
*mixed vegetables (she'd rather play with them)

Here she is eating strawberries. It took her a bit to get used to the "gritty" texture, I think, but overall, she liked them.





2 comments:

Megan said...

My boys loved eating table food, but were really slow on learning how to CHEW. They wanted to just swallow. They choked several times and we had to do the heimlich at our house once and once in the middle of the grocery store when I gave them some gerber puff thing. You are right to cut that food up tiny.

Marci said...

She is so cute! I know this stage is so hard - where you're trying to wean the baby food, but they don't have any teeth! I'm glad she's doing well with it though. :)