Thank you for taking an interest in our family blog! It is a private blog, and I appreciate you not sharing your login information. I hope you can tell that we love Jesus and are living solely to raise our children to make much of His name and to stand out in a world of sin and conformers. I hope you find that what you read is genuine. Nothing is put on for show to make us look ideal. We are ANYTHING BUT the ideal family. We are real. We have problems. We trust Jesus in all we do.
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Carlos the Caterpillar: He's a Butterfly! {Yes, it's a He!}
I'm a little over due on this post! Carlos came out of his chrysalis June 26th. I was really disappointed when I found him out of his chrysalis! I completely missed him emerging from his chrysalis, because the last time I had checked on him, his chrysalis hadn't even turned clear yet! So, I was shocked to see him out so soon. Carlos is a Carlos. He had two beautiful black dots on the back of his wings. Unfortunately, he was being shy and wouldn't open his wings for a picture.


He landed on a tree in our backyard. Can you see him?
Daddy and Annabelle walked over so AB could get a closer look!

The release is always so bittersweet to me. I raised this little guy from a teeny tiny caterpillar. Every time I raise one, I expect them to not want to fly off and stay with me! It's silly, but their almost like a pet. It's good, though. He'll be migrating soon, but probably won't make it until next year. Many Monarchs don't live a full life. Oh well, maybe Carlos will be the exception to the rule. Goodbye, Carlos!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ah, goodbye Carlos. It was neat seeing the transformation!
Post a Comment