Sunday, January 8, 2012

Four Christmases: Christmas #4

Christmas Day

Ahh! There's nothing Christmas morning - especially for a child. I can still remember the thrill and anticipation of waiting to go into the living room to see what Santa Claus brought me. I remember wondering how he could do that without waking me up, too. Especially seeing that I was not a good sleeper on Christmas Eve...I mean, what child is?

Christmas morning got off to a later start than we had planned seeing as that AB didn't get to bed until close to 1:00 AM!!! Then Daddy and I wrapped presents and had a little bit of "Mommy and Daddy" time watching It's a Wonderful Life. That put us in bed about 2:30 AM. Regardless, Christmas morning was still special.

This was the first Christmas I feel like AB started to understand the presents, Santa, Jesus' birth. She was very much into all of these things. I love the first picture I snapped of her...looks like an "I just woke up" picture.


We purposely made Christmas morning low key. She had some presents from Santa, some presents from family, but nothing too over done. I just can't seem to wrap myself around an extravagant Christmas with tons of presents for this little girl who already has so much. So, we stuck to small things we knew she wanted and would really appreciate.

Plus, this Christmas  we talked about how baby Jesus only received three presents at Christmas: gold, frankincense, and myrrh...and he was a King!





I was particularly thrilled with what I got for Austin this Christmas: a Myles Austin jersey- hence a jersey he can walk around wearing that says, "Austin." and a Nelson Cruz jersey. Both of which were (fake) authentic jerseys...but who can tell??? I love Christmas presents you know someone is going to be excited about, but they didn't ask for!



AB got the Nick Jr. Just Dance for the Wii. This features The Fresh Beat Band and some of their hits. She was so excited since she's been watching the commercials all season.


We knew that anything Caillou would be a hit!



I also had Jonas make Austin some washer boards for Christmas. Again, another present he had no idea about, but really liked! Thank you, Jonas for doing that for me!!!


Nana and Papi came over that morning to do our Christmas with them. AB got a Dora tent which was a big hit. Her and Papi played in it all morning.



After Nana and Papi left, Papa and Bebe came over and we opened some more presents with them before we left to go to Mememama's. Right before we left, we had a mini Daddy/Daughter photo shoot on Christmas morning. Some of the most precious pictures of my two loves, thus far.






More presents to open at Mememama's! AB insisted that everyone else needed help opening their presents.






What a fun, family-filled Christmas morning! However the day was filled with rushing around and getting from one place to another. Right after Mememama's we rushed back home to have Christmas night with Austin's family. We are very blessed to be surrounded by family, sometimes it's just an exhausting process. However, it was a wonderful Christmas! I can't complain.

No comments: