From the previous posts, we showed you how Ralphie, our elf, entered our lives and how he left us on Christmas Eve. Yes, we sent Ralphie off this year on a mission. He had the big responsibility of taking AB's most prized possession, her paci, to Santa Claus to deliver it to a baby in need. Christmas was weeks ago, yet we are still talking about Ralphie leaving with that paci. It's bittersweet, really. I want her to love that elf and how he will come around to our family every year. On the other hand, she will, for a short time anyway, think of him as the one who took away her beloved paci. Oh, well. She'll get over it...right!?!?
I wasn't able to photograph Ralphie's whereabouts everyday, but I captured some memorable ones. So, instead of doing a post everyday of where Ralphie showed up each morning, here's the whole month at a glance.
The first night we had Ralphie, we left him tucked snug in the Christmas tree. The next day when we got home. He wasn't there. Oh, where could he have gone?
| I love this picture. So puzzled by the disappearance of our Elf. |
| So, we ran off to find where he went! |
| Not to worry! There he is on the pantry door! |
I didn't believe in our Elf being one of those who got into everything. My understanding of the Elf on the Shelf was to encourage positive behavior so that he could give Santa a good report. Now, how in the world does it make any sense for the Elf to be the mischievous and destructive one, when we're trying to make our kids not be that way? So, I had a long talk with Ralphie when he first joined our family about my expectations for him. He behaved himself pretty well. Only a few slip-ups here and there.
Like the day he went fishing in the bag of goldfish...
| It was pretty funny. |
| "Look, Daddy! There he is! Inside that big sock!" - Annabelle |
| It's always exciting to see an Elf hanging from the ceiling fan! |
| This was the face we got almost everyday when she would find Ralphie. Priceless. |
On one of the last days that Ralphie was with us, he decided to help me out with the potty training thing. One morning, we woke up to find him on the potty himself!!! Not only that, but he left a note encouraging Annabelle to be a big girl and to use the potty. I think this was probably the most memorable day of all. Annabelle loved having Ralphie on the potty next to her!
What fun it was to find our little friend everyday when we got home. I can't wait for him to come back next year! Next year, maybe we won 't have to send anything with him!
No comments:
Post a Comment