Sunday, June 10, 2012

20 Years Ago...

...I had the privilege of being a student in Mrs. Peterson's third grade class at Spring Creek Elementary, and last week, I had the privilege of meeting her for lunch. 

I remember being in her class, vividly. I remember how much fun she was. I remember her "tough love" approach to teaching. I remember the bug elections....teaching us about the campaigning and election process. I remember how it was between myself and one other girl to win the election. I took so much away from her class. I feel like my philosophy to teaching has a lot to do with what I learned from her. 

It was so much fun to see her again!!! I found her on facebook last year, and we kept in touch and she's been following my blog and keeping up with Landree. Having her meet my girls meant the world to me, and I'll cherish these pictures forever.

Check out LC's thumb in her mouth!

AB loved her, instantly!!





She was just the same and looked amazing! I felt she hadn't changed or aged at all! I sure do miss her and I'm looking forward to our next lunch date. Thank you, Mrs. Peterson for such a fun afternoon. AB loved you, and is telling everybody about her lunch date with Mrs. Peterson. Love you!

1 comment:

anitahp said...

Like AB, I am still talking about our lunch, too. Former students like you make teaching one of the richest blessings of life! I can't wait for us to meet again!!!