I completed my last district training as a part of my team at Groves. Today, I said "see ya around" to the most wonderful team I've ever known. Today, I packed up the last box in my classroom to move it to a new classroom. Today, I am a stronger person because of it (You know...what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger). Today, I had lunch with these wonderful ladies. It was so much fun, I didn't want it to end.
No, this isn't my whole team, but everyone here means more to me than you'll ever know. Sweet Luana is taking my place. She will be the new teacher in Room K18. I have occupied Room K18 for the last six years. I have never known another classroom. I have never known another team. I have never known another school...and today, I said "good-bye" to all of those things. It pains me to think about it.
Let me just take a second to tell you about my team. Let me tell you about these ladies that I work with. These ladies have never once hesitated to take over for me, plan for me, etc... when I need it. I can honestly say, these ladies love me. That isn't a compliment to me. That is a compliment to them. They love me because of the kind of people they are: caring, loving, supportive and loyal. Do you know how much they love me? When Dr. Slaten called a few weeks ago and said he needed a Kindergarten teacher at Whitt (and I was on maternity leave), my team knew this was my job. They knew this was what I needed to know. They didn't want me to go, but they love me enough to let me go. Next to Landree being in the hospital, this is the next hardest thing I've ever had to do.
What can I say about them? I don't have enough good things to say. We've all been through so much together, and apart. We've all supported each other, cried with each other and loved on each other when needed. It's scary to think about starting over. I love each of them so much!
![]() |
| Oh, Kelly. What will I do when I don't see your beautiful face walk through that middle room to mine, anymore? |
![]() |
Krista! Who am I going to text in the mornings to see if they are going to CFA?!?!?![]() |




2 comments:
Yea!! I love reading your blog! Call me!:) ha! I know your doing well when I don't hear from you! ;)-- I love you.
Tears here! I know it's the best move for you...praying for you!
Post a Comment