So, you can imagine my angst as we approached another swallow study. I've been praying that God would heal your muscles so that your aspiration would go away. I want you to be able to enjoy one of the biggest pleasures in life - eating!!!
We got ready to go see Ms. Lisa (your Medical City OT) to have another swallow study. You sure were in good spirits!
Lisa is the one who found requested the first swallow study because she felt you were aspirating from the "wet" nosies you were making. Ever since then, we've done all of our swallow studies with her. We love her!!
Oh boy was I anxious about this one. I've been through so many swallow studies that I know exactly what to look for now on the x-ray screen. I watched as you took that first big swallow of puree. Sure enough, there was no aspiration!! That baby food went straight down the "pipe" it was supposed to go down! Hallelujah!!
You cracked me up with your messy barium face and how you were "painting" with it. But who cares!! You weren't aspirating purees! This means you can eat an unlimited amount of baby food!!
Unfortunately, when it came to liquids, thickened or not, the results still weren't where we wanted them to be. But that's ok. You're happy because you get to eat and that makes mommy happy! This was also the first swallow study you didn't cry when they put you in the chair and started messing with you. You were more comfortable this time around. I mean, your expression says it all!!
Here's to happy eating and hopefully, soon, happy drinking!!





No comments:
Post a Comment