Thursday, February 26, 2009

Doctor's Visit No. 3

Even though this was my third doctor's appt., it was my first appt. with my new doctor. After some thought and prayer, Austin and I decided that my last doctor wasn't the doctor for me, so we switched. I really enjoyed meeting my new doctor today and we really like her - I felt at peace with my decision. I'm told that after the many monthly, and sometimes weekly, visits that we will make to the doctor during this pregnancy, I will feel like I'm married to this person, so finding a doctor that suites me is a big deal. She called Austin and I into her office and we sat down and she spent quite a bit of time with us going over her pregnancy "philosophy" and taking the time to answer my many questions. I informed her I'm quite the "worry wart", and she assured me she would do everything to help me understand what I can be expecting and to call with any concerns I have. That was music to my ears! After our consultation we were able to hear the heartbeat and she told us some wonderful news...we will be able to find out the sex in about three and a half weeks (March 23rd). This thrilled Austin and I because my last doctor told me he couldn't tell us until 22 weeks! What a wonderful suprise to find out nearly a month sooner than I had anticiapted! The heartbeat was fast and strong and the best sound to an expectant mommy and daddy's ears. We are so blessed and continue to pray for a healthy baby. Thanks for all the prayers out there!

- Jennifer :0)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh I am so excited for ya'll! Jonas and I need another baby to dote on! I think Dylan is getting tired of us! You should look at the new Dylan video on facebook though!