Yesterday I went to the doctor for my monthly check-up. Austin and I decided that since it was just a regular check-up, and no sonogram that there really wasn't any need for him to take off work to go to this one. However, as I was driving myself to the doctor I found myself a little sad that he wasn't going. I don't know - I guess I just like having him around! Anyway, everything went well...I've gained another 8 pounds which the doc wasn't too thrilled about. She told me, "Just like a mother would say to her daughter...'it's going to hurt you more than it will hurt me.'" Hmm....I would've rather heard, "Oh, what's another 8 pounds, anyway?" I explained that I have this ravenous appetite and I just can't seem to control it at times. To make matters worse, I don't crave grilled chicken and broccoli. I want cheeseburgers, french fries, oreos, and anything and everything that allows me to put on the pounds. So, needless to say I need to work on the weight gain. Other than that, it was a pleasant visit. I have to go back in two weeks to do my glucose test. I'm so not looking forward to chugging all of it in FIVE MINUTES - ICK! Oh well, it has to be done. So, this next month I will be trying to:
- eat more fruits and vegetables
- try and avoid driving through Whataburger every time I pass it
- walking at least twice a week (Hey - I'm really tired when I get home from work!)
- snacking will consist of healthier choices - not snickers!
Let's see how well this goes. I'm telling you, when I get hungry - I'm HUNGRY!
1 comment:
You are so cute! I don't know what it was about being pregnant but I was the same way. Enjoy it while it lasts!
Post a Comment