Monday, May 4, 2009

Check out the new poll and vote!!

So, Austin and I went about a month ago to register at Babies R Us. We ended up registering for just a few items and left somewhat frustrated. We both stared at eachother blankly, not knowing what to register for. Yeah, I know of several things I need, but I didn't know what bottles were best, pacifiers, etc. So, we left and decided I would come back with someone who knows what they're doing. Since then, I've decided that the stroller/carseat combo I registered for at Babies R Us isn't the one I want, and actually found one I like better on Target.com, and at the Target store. Here is my question for you, especially if YOU are an experienced mommy. Should I get the cute girly carseats, strollers, highchairs, pack and plays, etc...or should I register for the cute unisex Eddie Bauer collection that I found? Do you think it is more practical and would I use it all a second time around? I'm assuming I would, but I'd like some more experienced people's advice. Please vote on the poll I just posted, and/or feel free to leave a comment on what you think! I'd love and and all feedback! Thanks so much!

Jennifer :0)

4 comments:

Megan said...

I vote unisex. I was shocked by how little I used a lot of my large baby items. They still look brand new and are waiting for our next child. Our infant car seats are still in excellent shape as well as all the baby swings and bouncers.

Another idea is car seat covers. You could buy a gender neutral infant seat/stroller combo and then buy a girly cover you love for your carseat. I have green infant seats, and I totally plan on buying the most pink and girly carseat cover I can find if I ever have a daughter. Some of the carseat covers even come with matching diaper bags and other accessories. I know Bumble Bags does that. Go check out their website. There are some pretty cute ones.

Chrys and Mike said...

we never find out what we're having ahead of time so all of our baby gear is gender neutral. it has worked well for us and i think it's a lot more practical in the long run.

chrys

Melanie said...

Hey Jennifer this is Melanie, Amanda's friend. She told me you and Austin were expecting and I saw your profile on her page. I have two kiddos now. A boy that is 5 and a girl that will be 1 tomorrow. This is my advice... yes it's more "practical" and in the long run "less expensive" to buy unisex things... however, in my opinion when you have your baby you want to focus on THAT baby. When you have more you worry about things for that one then. I say go girly. When I had my daughter I was just going to use the stroller and care seat I used with my son but then the closer it got to having her the more I wanted girly stuff. Now I'm glad I got new stuff because it's "her" stuff. And when you have a boy you'll want sports or firetrucks or whatever... you'll want something new and something different. That's what I think.... Just my opinion. Congrats and I hope you are doing well.

Jewels said...

I think you should buy whatever your little hear desires but if it were me I would go unisex only because while it's fun getting everything girly/boy like for your first I am now dreading having to buy it all over again when we have another baby (if it's a girl). Good luck! Registering should be fun so I hope y'all are enjoying.