Wednesday, November 24, 2010

"k"

Is the new response we hear around our house a lot. I apparently end my questions and statements with a "Okay?" to Annabelle. So, she's started responding to me when I ask or or even just tell her something with a "k". Sometimes she'll even accompany it with a sweet little nod of the head. This is by far my most favorite thing she has said/done, as of yet. It's precious. My two favorite "k" stories:

1) Yesterday I was loafing on the couch (which I seem to do a lot of these days) and we were watching Sprout. Well, flipping back and forth between Sprout and Food Network...anyway, and Annabelle came up to the couch and grabbed the remote. Miss Thang knows that's a "No-no", so I firmly asked her to give it back. From there, she proceeded to play "keep away" with Mommy and not give me the remote. When I peeled myself off the couch to get it from her, she got excited and launched it across the room where the batteries flew out onto the floor. Of course, I had to over-dramatize the situation to let her know it wasn't ok to do that. I scolded her and told her "No, ma'am! That is not ok! Look. You broke it. Don't do that again!" To where she looked at me and responded, with a head nod, "k." It nearly broke my heart. There was no throwing herself on the floor, mad that she was being reprimanded. Just a sweet little, "k."

2) Today was AB's 15 month well-visit. After Dr. Straughn was finished checking her out, he looked at her and said, "Well, you look good, Sweet Pea." She looked back up at him and said, "k."

I'm loving this sweet, compliant stage she is in right now. I'm not holding my breath for it to last, but I'm soaking it up while I can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is too funny!! She has such a cute personality!!

Marci said...

Love the remote story!!!