It's always been a strict tradition in my family, that the decorating of the Christmas tree takes place the weekend after Thanksgiving. I just wouldn't have it any other way. The last few years, we've had so much fun with Joey helping us decorate the tree. He has a few of "his" ornaments that go on the tree and he always makes sure they are up front for everyone to see. This year was even more fun, because Annabelle could help decorate, too. To this little girl, doing anything with her big cousin is a treat! She adores her Joe Joe.
Daddy would take the ornaments out and put them on a hook, and AB would bring them to me to hang them on the tree. She loved this. She loves having jobs and helping Mommy and Daddy.
My favorite part is when she would bend down and just take a moment to stare at the beautifully lit tree. I remember doing this as a child, also. There is just something about a Christmas tree that is absolutely mesmerizing. I love that she's getting old enough to understand that this is something fun and exciting. I think she'll be a Christmas fanatic just like her Daddy and Mommy.
No comments:
Post a Comment