Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Let The Healing Begin

Grieving. It's a funny thing. Everyone does it differently. One thing I've learned through this time, you have to do it in your own way, the only way that will help you get through it the best you can. In the last week I have grieved by, eating my weight in nothing but junk food, consuming 2-3 glasses of red wine at night, crying myself to sleep, sleeping a lot, wanting to talk about it, not wanting to talk about it, wanting to be around people, not wanting to be around people, and loving on Annabelle as if there were no tomorrow.

*Sigh*

I'm ready to move on and heal.

Will I ever completely heal from the pain of losing the child I never knew? Probably not. But I have noticed each day is a little better. There are two books/devotionals that are getting me through everyday, and I'm thankful for the sweet friends who gave them to me.
My best friend gave me Jesus Calling a year ago, and it's perfect just for the troubles of everyday life and to know how we can rely on Jesus to get us through the day. My sweet friend, Myka, who has had several miscarriages herself, bought me the book Grieving the Child I Never Knew. I've loved reading Jesus' word through the eyes of the two ladies who wrote these two devotionals. It doesn't make you feel quite so alone in the world.

Anyway, I'm ready to begin the healing process and that means getting back to it. I don't want to blog about my sadness, anymore. I want to blog about the good things in my life. Like, how about the amazing photo shoot we had taken for our Christmas card? Wow! The pictures turned out amazing, and I want to share a few of them. If I could, I would post all 103 pictures...but that would be a very picture heavy post. So, here's one that sums up the whole shoot. Love! Love. Love. Love. My, how we love this girl, and each other. And how much we would love Baby #2. 

Austin was just saying the other day how glad he was that we did this photo shoot. Even though we never got to meet our sweet Baby #2, he's happy that we had all four of our picture taken together. We'll always look back fondly at this shoot as looking forward to being parents for the second time, and how excited we were. This Baby, though we never had a chance to meet, will always be very special and near to our hearts.

3 comments:

Dewawn Wiest said...

You are an amazing woman! I LOVE your family photos, and you're definitely lucky to have those as a reminder of that precious life! Love you, and if you ever need a shoulder to lean on I'm here!

Jen said...

What a beautiful family photo! You and Austin are awesome and AB can feel that love I am sure! Take care! Praying for you!

Jennifer Wilson

Marci said...

Yes, the pictures turned out amazing! Just beautiful. And Jennifer...it's all in God's timing, but I know you'll be a mommy to another beautiful child one day soon. You are a wonderful mother, and I know He'll bless you with more! Praying for you...