The day before we left for vacation, my dad came over for a bit. When he left, we walked him outside and noticed that a fire truck, ambulance and a police car were several houses down, blocking the street. Since we live on a cul-de-sac, he was blocked in. Not knowing how long it would take, we stayed outside for a while, just waiting. Finally, the paramedics, fireman and policeman, got back in their cars and were on there way. They used our cul-de-sac to turn around. So, I told AB to wave to the firemen as they drove past.
So, sweet little AB stood in the front yard waving her little hand as they drove by. Well, I guess she's just as resistible as I think she is, because those firemen stopped the truck right in front of our house and got out to talk to AB. It was at this point I ran in the house to grab my camera. When I came back outside she was even closer to the house than she was when they pulled up and was afraid to get any closer!
I was laughing a little about it, but at the same time embarrassed! I just kept thinking how they stopped just for her, and if she wouldn't step close to them or the truck - I was going to feel so bad! So, it was at that point that I bribed her with popsicles, M&M's and cookies if she would at least go up and say, "Hi." And she did.
She warmed up enough to where she would sit in the fire truck with me.
Then Daddy and Papa get in on the picture-taking, too.
Nebyu, our sweet little neighbor, came over to see the firemen, too. So we all got a picture.
The longer we were there, the braver she got. She finally would step up in the truck for me to get a picture of her by herself. You can see it in her face she's thinking, "Ok, take the picture and get me off of here!"
The firemen were nice guys, and got a picture with AB. Haha...that's as close as she would get.
We couldn't forget about Landree. So, I jumped in with her in my arms so she could be in the picture, too. However, after I looked at this picture and how awkward it is, I thought, why didn't I just hand her to one of them? They fight fires, rescue people, and tend to sick...surely they could've handled holding a three month old baby. Oh, well.
It was a fun surprise to have them stop at our house that evening. AB and I are thinking about baking them cookies and bringing them up to the station, along with the picture of her with them. Every time she sees a fire truck she yells out, "Look! It's our friends!!!" Yes, in her two and a half year old mind, she made four new friends that day.
No comments:
Post a Comment