Happy 3 Months to my precious Landree Claire,
What a joy you are to Mommy and Daddy! We love you so much and are so impressed with you and your progress everyday. You turned three months old the day before the 4th of July. So, I figured your most patriotic attire was in order!
You are such a beautiful, beautiful baby. You are most often complimented on your delicate little features and your beautiful skin tone. I'm hoping you keep that dark skin. However, if you do, I'm not quite sure who to say you get it from. Your Daddy and I both are pale as ghosts, but we do have some Native American blood running through us. Maybe, just maybe, you inherited some of that.
You are a joy and such a pleasure to be around. I will say this for you, though. You don't cry that much, but when you do...whoa. Watch out! You make it very clear you aren't happy.
At the same time, you are such a peaceful, sweet baby. You sleep like a champ (in true Aldrich fashion), and you are so pleasant. I could watch you sleep all day. Which isn't far from impossible for you, since sleeping is something you still enjoy. Luckily for us, even though you still sleep a lot, that doesn't stop you from eating. Whew. That's a relief.
Even though you are three months old, that's still only two full months you've lived at home. Yes LC, you've come a long way since your NICU days. As far as how you are doing developmentally, we've determined you're still about a month behind. However, you were born nearly a month early...so this would explain it. Right when you hit your three month mark, I was able to capture your beautiful smile, which you've started doing recently. Oh, how it makes my day.
I love how alert you are now. I feel like I see a real personality shine through. Even though you are sweet, I can tell you are going to be feisty. If you don't like something, you let us know. Good for you.
It's so funny how many times you have attempted to suck your thumb. You just don't quite have the hang of it yet. I'm really curious to see if you are going to be a thumb sucker or not. I was. Boy, was I. I had that silly thumb until I was nearly twelve years old. I hope that isn't an issue for you, but at the same time...if you want your thumb, go for it, girl!
You are still working on some things, but I have no worries that you won't get there. You are just going to do them in Landree time. And that is perfectly alright with me. I mean, your face is absolutely way too precious and sweet not to just soak up everything you are doing now. I love you so much!
I'm so glad you have your sister and she has you. She is going to be your best friend. You guys will be thicker than thieves and I can't wait to see your sisterly relationship grow. How much fun to have a sister. I'm just tickled you two will have each other.
God is going to do amazing things with you, Landree. He's molding you into the person He wants you to be and He wants you to tell a story. He wants you to tell a story of your life that brings glory to His name. You have already done that just by being born. You've inspired a lot of people just in the first month of your life. You are a fighter, and I can't wait for you to be a fighter for Him. You and your sister are going to grow up to be two Godly women and I'm so excited to watch you both.
Happy three months to you, my angel face. It is because of you our hearts have grown even more and are bursting with joy. We love you so much!!
Mommy





1 comment:
Aww, sweet post. She is definitely a precious little gift. Love that little smile!
Post a Comment